Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Amyers Scores

Chats: 32

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    Ouch!!

My timing gets seriously off if my shoe just sticks a little. I can't imagine after a fall.

Better bowling Friday!
    Wasn't fun thanks for the support Bunny. Good luck on the Shark.

Chats: 204

Quote Originally Posted by Amyers View Post
    Saturday practice

8th frame my hand sticks to the ball it doesn't release and I end up on my back on the lane with my ball still attached to my hand. I'm a pretty big guy and a fall like that isn't fun for me.
    Thanks for NOT getting on tape to provide us with hours and hours of entertainment at your expense.

Quote Originally Posted by Aslan View Post
    Thanks for NOT getting on tape to provide us with hours and hours of entertainment at your expense.
    Somehow I think that would have failed to make it through the editing process

Friday win lose or draw league

Medium oil wood lanes

I walked in and I had drawn one of the best bowlers on my league as my opponent and his team mate was #2. My teammate was a girl who is bowling her first league that was flipping the ball down the lane with her hand bent backwards until last week. I had not bowled any this week after the events of last weekend and pretty much thought I was going to get my a** handed to me tonight.

First game during practice I noted the lanes were oiler than normal and shots were just going wild I think where the air isn't working the oil is running down the lanes. If you played outside the balls were not coming back if you got it inside they were taking off. This wasn't just me the two guys who are good both 200+ averages were having problems. I decided to keep it in tight threw over the third arrow. Not a lot of strikes only had one but I made my spares ended up 172 beat my opponent with handicap and we won the team game.

Second game I wasn't happy with the one strike I decided to move outside this is one of those days I wish I had a more aggressive ball I got the first ball in for a strike but I should have stayed where I was. decent hits and some bad shots couldn't buy a spare shot 130 but my teammate threw 110 her new high game. I lost the individual but still got a team point thanks to her.

Third game moved back inside threw 5 strikes this game missed a couple of multi pin spares chopped them or I would have had a really good score. Ended with a 189. Won the individual match scratch and handicap ( I was really happy to beat this guy he's one of the best in either if my leagues) also won the team point.

So I won 5 out of 6 points tonight which brings my record to 21 and 14 which should be good for 3rd place or so at the midway point. I couldn't be happier with where I am considering my thumb problems I've had this summer. No new problems with it and it's healing up.

Won the individual match scratch and handicap ( I was really happy to beat this guy he's one of the best in either if my leagues)
    Always nice to beat teams scratch. It's always annoying when you win and they claim it's because you have so much handicap. Winning scratch is like an extra "moral victory" point.

Sorry a little behind visited AMF Rose Bowl lanes in Louisville Kentucky on 7/3. Nice center with a great pro shop if your ever in the area stop in.

Only threw two games 159-211 posted the vids earlier. Was working on my release it felt pretty good but the lanes were on the drier side which makes it hard for me to tell how well the release was working.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Practice today at Town n country lanes back home Nitro, WV

Bowled 141-200-145 worked on the balance issue and not bringing the ball up at the start of the approach. I don't know if it was me or the lanes today all my shots were in the pocket no pulls or Brooklyn's today but it was a little strange if I got it a little inside it seemed to come in just a little high if I moved it a little more outside it seemed to come roaring back but wasn't coming in at the right angle. Threw quite a few strikes but struggled with the spares today was a day i needed a spare ball

Current arsenal

Monday night league

I bowled 176-153-159 usually I wouldn't be too happy with those scores but I felt like I bowled pretty well just didn't get as many strikes as usual. Left a ton of ten pins which I struggle with. Out of the three games I only had 5 shots that didn't hit the right pocket three crossed over or went high I pulled them two of them Brooklyn strikes. Two I'm not sure what happened just didn't hook not saying the rest were perfect but decent.

I have been messing with my release which was probably the reason for the two that didn't hook. I worked on trying to not bring the ball up and start the ball a little earlier on the approach I think with some success. Without someone watching me I have a hard time telling for sure and the rest of my team had prebowled

Current arsenal

Monday night league

I have been messing with my release which was probably the reason for the two that didn't hook. I worked on trying to not bring the ball up and start the ball a little earlier on the approach I think with some success. Without someone watching me I have a hard time telling for sure and the rest of my team had prebowled
    Try not to work on things during league…thats what practice is for.
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Brunswick Endeavor; (: .) Radical Outer Limits Pearl; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    USBC#: 8259-59071; USBC Sanctioned Average = 186; Lifetime Average = 171;
    Ball Speed: 14.4mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

Quote Originally Posted by Aslan View Post
    Try not to work on things during league…thats what practice is for.
    I usually do not work on my game during leagues but we were bowling a bye team this week have an odd number on this league so it really didn't matter and we have a ten game lead over the second place team anyway. I am limited on practice time this week too so have to get stuff in while it's fresh in my mind.

Current arsenal

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast