Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: Amyers Scores

Haven't heard your scores lately Amyers. Just curious if you were still hitting them good and how that 195 Avg was holding up.

Chats: 32

Quote Originally Posted by bubba809 View Post
    Haven't heard your scores lately Amyers. Just curious if you were still hitting them good and how that 195 Avg was holding up.
    Thanks for asking. I have been ill the last week or so and have not been posting as much or bowling as well mostly. I will post them now.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Friday night mixed League 10/24/14

Was still feeling poorly and didn't bowl very well. Everyone seemed to be struggling on our pair also most everyone was about 30 pins below average. I had the same problems I had the week before with my release being inconsistent. I was hitting my marks but Just didn't really know where the ball was going to end up. Spare shooting was good on right side spares terrible on left side stuff.

165-160-162 = 487 Series back to back sub 500 series isn't going to get it.

With my nature to be inconsistent with spares I have to strike and it makes it hard when you just can't trust where the ball is going to end up. I'm not so bad that I'm completely missing the pocket but one time its high leave a split next time its light next time it's in there but get a 9 I'm not sure what is going on. Average was 187 in this league
    Last edited by Amyers; 10-29-2014 at 12:32 PM.

Current arsenal

Sunday night Win, Lose, or Draw League

The illness continues I had felt some better but this is a fast paced league only 4 bowlers to a set of lanes and we had a blind so actually only three on this night. The fast pace with my coughing and not feeling well was not a good combination.

Game 1- 148 made a poor call on where to start which is something I'm struggling with. Fine in practice first shot is high for a split and it took me 5 frames to get lined back out. Then the spare shooting was poor.

Game 2- 206 Was a clean game made all of my spares only had two strikes this game. If this had been no tap would have been a 300.

Game 3- 130 The wheels just fell off with the illness and the inability to strike my spare game just up and left. One strike the all the rest were 9 counts except one frame. 10 pins, 7 pins and a few 8 pins mixed in. I have no idea what was going on with my leaves. I don't know if it was being sick and the fast pace or if I just got frustrated with my inability to strike.

Worst set I have bowled in a long time just simply embarrassing. My release was fine tonight just couldn't strike and the spare shooting other than the second game was a joke. It's nights like this that make you wonder if you know what your doing or not. My average was at 196 in this league and I had moved up to 4th place. Only went 2-4 tonight and I'm sure with these scores the average will take a hit.

Current arsenal

Tuesday Practice

After the abysmal failure that last week was I decided to try and get more practice in this week so I'm trying to throw on Tuesday and hopefully again on Thursday this week.

Game 1- 228 This is the best I have felt throwing the ball in a while started off with a turkey then left a few 10 pins which I picked up the lanes were a little dry so I made a move a little farther inside with the asylum and finished out with the last 4 strikes

Game 2- 183 Started off well went high for a split in the 8th should have changed balls but finished it out still throwing it well

Game 3- 204 Changed to the euphoria this game should have been better was clean through the 10th bet let one get away from me and left a 4-6 split

Was glad to finally bowl better ball looked good and I felt good throwing it hopefully this will carry over to Friday night and I can get that league back on track.

Current arsenal

Ya, bowling sick is no fun. I got something going on over the past few days and bowl tonight. I will take my medicine (beer) and see if that helps.

Good comeback and feeling good while bowling is very important.

Chats: 204

Practice looked solid though.
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Brunswick Endeavor; (: .) Radical Outer Limits Pearl; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    USBC#: 8259-59071; USBC Sanctioned Average = 186; Lifetime Average = 171;
    Ball Speed: 14.4mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

Nice looking practice keep it up in league!

Nice games in practice man. I have seen your videos and you throw the ball more than good enough to average that set. Positive outlook and paying attention to the small things during your set is the key for those extra pins. At a certain level the mental game becomes a lot more important. Good luck next league night!

Not posting scores much lately, huh Amyers? Hope you are feeling better.

Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast