Page 1 of 24 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Amyers Scores

Chats: 32

Default Amyers Scores

Decided to start a new thread with my scores. Tonight was league night and I started it off well. I forgot to take my shoe protectors off and fired myself down the lane about three foot on the first practice ball. It was just that kind of night. Shot 127-127-123. I actually had a good time even though I bowled really bad, at least everyone had a good laugh. I will try to figure out what went wrong later just licking my wounds tonight.

Well I did remember to take my shoe protectors off tonight so no trips down the lane for me. Didn't bowl well at all. I didn't expect to be lights out because of adjusting to some of the changes I have made this week. Threw 169-106-106 I knew I wasn't throwing great in the first game 1 strike but was clean through 8th frame and the wheels fell off. I was never confortable throwing it's not good when the few shots the felt right don't hit the pocket or even the head pin. I'm not sure what is going on. I feel better on my approach since changing to the 5 step. The ball felt better in my hands but all night long if I got it where I wanted it was high on the head pin or I would get opened up a little but the ball wouldn't come back.

Chats: 204

Quote Originally Posted by Amyers View Post
    Threw 169-106-106
    Almost a triplicate!!

Quote Originally Posted by Aslan View Post
    Almost a triplicate!!
    Who needs a triplicate of that

Practiced today the first game 139 the guy from the pro shop came out towards the end and told me I was still moving my feet to fast. Managed to slow down shot 200-235 for a 573 series. It felt good to finally throw a few decent games. Next up leagues on Monday. Hopefully it will carry over but I'm yet to have a really good game on the fresh oil at league. We will see.

Leagues tonight better than they have been but still not good. 129-158-145 still not happy with that but the ball did look better today had some movement it seemed like the ball was breaking too late had as much hook as I wanted but it was kind of coming in behind the head pin left a lot of 7 and 10 pins and even a few solid 9s which is not one I typically leave just not good ball reaction wouldn't have been that bad but I had one of those nights where I couldn't shoot spare even missed a 5 pin tonight. At least me and my daughter are in first parent kid league

I bowled leagues tonight 159-149-146 won 5 out of 6 points so I am moderately happy. Would have liked better scores. Struggled getting the ball flush in the pocket a lot of really weak hits. Ihad the ball in the pocket most of the night it was just weak. Spare shooting was up and down made all of my 7 and 10 pin spares tonight witch I stuggle with but missed some easy single pin spares and chopped a few buckets.

Monday league night 159-150-144 couldn't get a strike but shot spares okay still having a lot of issues with my thumb. Meeting my proshop guy on Thursday to take another look. I hope I get something resolved with this just can't seem to get it right.

Ringer
    Chats: 0

Just rember pick up your spares and the strikes will come!!!!

Chats: 204

Quote Originally Posted by Amyers View Post
    Monday league night 159-150-144 couldn't get a strike but shot spares okay still having a lot of issues with my thumb. Meeting my proshop guy on Thursday to take another look. I hope I get something resolved with this just can't seem to get it right.
    Remember how I remind you that I used to throw like you??

Case in point #3…I used to have BAD thumb issues. It turns out, when you really try to torque the ball on the release/upswing…your thumb swells up and gets stuck.

Unfortunately, before figuring that out, I had all by bowling ball thumbholes drilled wider to stop the thumb sticking, and now have thumb holes that are too big and I have to use a lot of tape to make the thumb hole more snug.

Page 1 of 24 1234511 ... LastLast