Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 142021222324

Thread: Amyers Scores

Nice series : )

Chats: 32

Thanks Guys
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Allen Lao Benefit Tournament No Tap (Wood Lanes) 9/3

This was a No Tap tournament to benefit a friend of mine who bowls many leagues in this house for years. He was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer and has no family in the area. This tournament was handicapped as well an No Tap so the weaker bowlers really have an advantage in this format.

Game 1- 223- Seemed to have issues holding the pocket didn't bowl terrible but it wasn't good

Game 2- 223- Pretty much the same results and score. I've been having issues finding a dependable line in this house everything is over under and it doesn't seem to matter which line or ball I use.

Game 3- 179- Couple of splits and that ends the story here.

I bowled like crap the winner had like 916 so it really didn't matter if I'd bowled well I would still have lost. The upside is we raised over $4000 for Allen and everyone had a good time. Everyone except the guy that came in second donated their winnings back to Allen including the 50/50 winner which was over $300. Needless to say I was impressed.

Current arsenal

Saturday Night Mixed League (Wood Lanes) 9/3

Welcome to the being stupid edition of Amyers Scores. In the past stronger equipment played to cover boards was the way to score in this house and so far I just haven't been able to play that way as their just hasn't been enough oil. I decided that I was going to play my stronger balls and pitch the ball right regardless on this night. As those who read my posts know I have slower ball speed I can hit 12-12.5 on a good day for a few balls usually but my average is about 11-.11.5 and sometimes lower. Why I decide on this path in retrospect I have no idea especially after bowling a tournament earlier in the afternoon three games at 1:00 and then 3 games at 6:00 is not my specialty I'd rather just bowl 6 games. You can see the results below.

Game 1- 145 Multiple splits no matter how much I tried to change my hand position and take out of the ball it just wouldn't hold spare shooting wasn't great either. Used the Danger Zone during this game.

Game 2- 159 Tried moving farther left the ball hooked early. Changed to the Frantic that wasn't any better I had 5 splits in this game.

Game 3- 193 Finally sent my daughter out to the car and had her bring my Rhino in and shot a ok game with it still had 2 splits in this game.

The team won all four points but shot 497 on the night for the first really bad series of the season. I know better than trying to make the lanes take what I want to do rather than listen to what they tell me but at least I didn't cost my team any points as I was bailed out by our anchor having a good night and my wife having a good night unfortunately that meant having to listen to her gloat all the way home over beating me for the night.

Current arsenal

Wednesday Night Mens League (Wood Lanes longer pattern) 9/7

Well after Saturdays debacle I decided I wouldn't make those mistakes anytime again soon. I really concentrated on keeping up with the transition and making changes at the first sign I needed too

Game 1- 208- first ball was a strike the went high leaving the 6-10 on the next made a 2-1 had a double then stone 8, strike, ringing 10, strike, ringing 10 again, double just the way it went I was absolutely flushing the ball in the pocket but just couldn't get more than a double the game was clean. Used the Danger Zone in this one.

Game 2- 169- a coupe of shots went high but I converted the spare knew I needed to move so I decided to change to the Frantic. The first two balls went high again leaving the 3-6-10 which I normally convert and I missed both I adjusted 2-1 and the ball didn't come back leaving a mess that I also didn't convert. Decided to tighten the line up moved 1-1 right and boom struck out to salvage the game somewhat. I need to practice moving from the Danger Zone to the Frantic more it's new and I don't have it figure out quite yet obviously.

Game 3- 253- Turkey, 4 pin moved 2-1 left, bad ball pulled it leaving 5-6-8-9-10 some how, 5 bagger, stone 9 in the 2nd ball of the tenth which I missed clean game.

So 630 on the night could have been a lot more with a little carry in the first game and a better ball switch in the 2nd game or if I would have just converted the 3-6-10's. Not sure what was up with that. One of them was a perfect shot just missed the 3 pin some how the second was a bad ball. Team won the first game by 1 pin, killed them in the second game, we lost the last game by 1 pin and yes that miss on the 9 pin will haunt me for a while. Still 2-1 makes are record 10-2 on a night when a lot of my teammates didn't bowl well I'll take it.
    Last edited by Amyers; 09-08-2016 at 10:43 AM.

Current arsenal

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 142021222324