Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: TD's Summer League Scores

Bowler
    Chats: 4

Default TD's Summer League Scores

Started my first ever league tonight. Rolled 211, 141, 235 for a 587 series and starting the league with a 195.66 average. Only reason I rolled the second game the way I did was my team members mentioned not setting a real high average on the first night and to sand bag a little. I think I took it a little to far though with that particular game lol. Oh well, was a fun night and got a few tips from some outstanding bowlers.

One thing I forgot to mention was a lot of the top bowlers were complaining about how oily the lanes were. Non of them were prepared for the lanes to be that slick and did not have a ball to play. I guess this is just one of the instances where not having a lot of hook becomes an advantage instead of a handicap.

Bowler

I forgot to post my scores the past few weeks and have forgotten what they were, however, the changes that I have been working on in my release are finally starting to produce some great results with the ball action. I started the night standing 15 targeting 10 but quickly had to move left, WAY LEFT. It took me a total of a game and a half to find the spot which ended up being me standing 23 targeting 18 with a break point at 8. I was amazed with the reaction I was seeing on the ball. Rolled a 150, 177, 234. I found my line in the 6th frame of the second game and did not have an open frame after that. Proceeded to roll 11 strikes after that. Oh, and one last thing I have forgotten to mention. I have slowed my ball speed down to 15-15.4mph. Another thing I was able to do lastnight was stand around 30 and target 23 with a breakpoint around 10 and get the ball back for a strike. Very happy and pleased with the results that are finally starting to show. League average through week 6 is 170 right now but will be aiming to get it back up to 195 before the season is over.

Chats: 32

Quote Originally Posted by TotallyDefiant View Post
    I forgot to post my scores the past few weeks and have forgotten what they were, however, the changes that I have been working on in my release are finally starting to produce some great results with the ball action. I started the night standing 15 targeting 10 but quickly had to move left, WAY LEFT. It took me a total of a game and a half to find the spot which ended up being me standing 23 targeting 18 with a break point at 8. I was amazed with the reaction I was seeing on the ball. Rolled a 150, 177, 234. I found my line in the 6th frame of the second game and did not have an open frame after that. Proceeded to roll 11 strikes after that. Oh, and one last thing I have forgotten to mention. I have slowed my ball speed down to 15-15.4mph. Another thing I was able to do lastnight was stand around 30 and target 23 with a breakpoint around 10 and get the ball back for a strike. Very happy and pleased with the results that are finally starting to show. League average through week 6 is 170 right now but will be aiming to get it back up to 195 before the season is over.
    Congratulations its always good when the things your working on come together. That's a pretty big move hopefully you can dial it in a little sooner next time.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Bowler

Quote Originally Posted by Amyers View Post
    Congratulations its always good when the things your working on come together. That's a pretty big move hopefully you can dial it in a little sooner next time.
    Thank you. I should be able to because I started to get real comfortable with the new line lastnight. My teammates were giving me grief until I finally found my line. Kept telling me to pick my speed back up since I was generating quite a few more revs than before but I did not want to do that. Don't get me wrong I know I could pick my speed back up to 17-18 mph and hook it now but that would go against everything I have been working on.

Speed control is one of the hardest things to do. Now that you can slow your ball speed down and are comfortable with that speed you know you can increase it when you want. That is very valuable and something alot of guys struggle with, me included sometimes.

Bowler

Quote Originally Posted by fortheloveofbowling View Post
    Speed control is one of the hardest things to do. Now that you can slow your ball speed down and are comfortable with that speed you know you can increase it when you want. That is very valuable and something alot of guys struggle with, me included sometimes.
    I am definitely enjoying it. Had the most fun Tuesday night that I have had bowling in a while. Just to give an example. My strike throw was 15mph and a controlled spare throw at a 10 pin was 20mph Tuesday night.

I am definitely enjoying it. Had the most fun Tuesday night that I have had bowling in a while. Just to give an example. My strike throw was 15mph and a controlled spare throw at a 10 pin was 20mph Tuesday night.
    That's awesome that you've got that much control over your speed. I can go a mile or two one way or the other but if I go more than that I screw my timing up badly.

Current arsenal

Bowler

That's awesome that you've got that much control over your speed. I can go a mile or two one way or the other but if I go more than that I screw my timing up badly.
    I have been busting my butt working on my game and it has all just now started to come together. I still have a very long way to go. I would like to be able to gain enough control to where I can move back in and play straight up the 11 board with my mph at 17 and back down the speed as the lanes break down.

I have been busting my butt working on my game and it has all just now started to come together. I still have a very long way to go. I would like to be able to gain enough control to where I can move back in and play straight up the 11 board with my mph at 17 and back down the speed as the lanes break down.
    Totally wouldn't it be easier just to pick a middle road with the speed and ball up or down? I do use speed variations if I'm getting a leave off my strike to change my angle a little but trying to use speed to combat lane breakdown seems extreme. I would imagine one of the speeds is always going to be your A game its important to develop other methods don't get me wrong especially if you are going to start playing or do play sport patterns. If you can do all the speeds with equal consistency and accuracy then I would guess it would work fine.

I have played on conditions where the heads are toasted and moved outside and picked the ball speed up but never as part of regular lane breakdown. This is an interesting idea.

Current arsenal

Bowler

Totally wouldn't it be easier just to pick a middle road with the speed and ball up or down? I do use speed variations if I'm getting a leave off my strike to change my angle a little but trying to use speed to combat lane breakdown seems extreme. I would imagine one of the speeds is always going to be your A game its important to develop other methods don't get me wrong especially if you are going to start playing or do play sport patterns. If you can do all the speeds with equal consistency and accuracy then I would guess it would work fine.

I have played on conditions where the heads are toasted and moved outside and picked the ball speed up but never as part of regular lane breakdown. This is an interesting idea.
    Well if you have more than one ball and have an arsenal of bowling balls that would be the best route to go, however, when you only own one strike ball and one plastic spare ball it's rather difficult to change balls to keep same speed lol

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast