Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: PBA experience league

What you have to remember about this patteren is the ball is going to hook only about 2-3 boards at the most if you have a decent rev rate. If you are bowling on wood maybe a board more. Your best bet is to play fall back from 5th arrow and hope the ball gets into a roll just before the pins so you don't leave 8-10 all night. I have no desire to play this pattern, that is for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by fortheloveofbowling View Post
    What you have to remember about this patteren is the ball is going to hook only about 2-3 boards at the most if you have a decent rev rate. If you are bowling on wood maybe a board more. Your best bet is to play fall back from 5th arrow and hope the ball gets into a roll just before the pins so you don't leave 8-10 all night. I have no desire to play this pattern, that is for sure.
    hahaha i ended up throwing off the corner straight at the pocket and left many splits, i was using my deadly aim hoping that this whole "Carbon Fiber" stuff was all it was cracked up to be... it was and it gave me to much pin action at 25mph lol

rolled on the Tournament of Champions pattern tonight, and i must say i found myself turning to a golden oldie for tonight, i started off throwing my Deadly but found it to be too snappy off the point, since my Raw Hammer Jacked cracked, i stole my wife's and redrilled it this week to match mine, sanded down to 1000 grit dull and i hit it with a 500 by hand before the games, this ball rolled phenomenally, just enough to not snap of the point but retain the energy to shred the deck. although my first game out of the gate was a 105 (and i still won) drop that game and my last three finished with a 683 series 235 being my highest game, i took 3/4 games tonight believe it or not my high game i lost by 4 pins. over all happy with the way i bowled, and despite what allot of other bowlers said about TOC i loved it.
    "watching pros throw countless strikes in a you tube video, is like watching
    super models in bikini's eating cheeseburgers on the hood of a pickup. sex sells"

Great bowling the last 3 games. That was a heck of a turnaround from the first game!

Quote Originally Posted by fortheloveofbowling View Post
    Great bowling the last 3 games. That was a heck of a turnaround from the first game!
    first game was with the deadly aim just couldn't control the break point, it didn't help that i forgot my spare ball at home... my spare % was terrible tonight, it was basically strike or bust
    super models in bikini's eating cheeseburgers on the hood of a pickup. sex sells"

thought we were shooting on Dead Man's Curve last night... turned out to be the World Championship pattern 41ft of flat suck oil. opened up the night rolling well had a decent line up the 10, 178, transitioning into game 2 (new pair) my up the 10 was gone. fought through blindly and managed to cover my spares for a 153. game three (new pair) my up the 10 was back but it was jumpier had to lay it down on the 12 and push it out to the 9, my shot was inconsistent but i managed to keep the game clean and shot a 179, game four (new pair) was wicked different, couldn't find a line, made to many moves, and ended up with a 132 missing several corner pins. all in all this pattern is not to bad to roll on, scores were low all around, highest score of the night was a 240, and only 4 people managed to break the 200 pin line. next week is position round, followed by a sweeper the week after, winner after the position round gets to choose pattern of sweeper.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567