Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tournamet and Arsenal choosing help.

Default Tournamet and Arsenal choosing help.

I'm bowling my first big tournament next month and will bowl on 3 patterns, 1 short, 1 medium and 1 long.
    I'm trying to put together an arsenal that will help me get through the 15 qualifying games and give me plenty of options. I also just recently upped my weight to 14lbs.
    So far I have Pivot Point, Lights Out and Polar Ice Urethane and thinking of adding a Ebonite Legacy. I'd be very appreciated to hear anyone's thoughts and recommendations.
    Also if their anything that I should bring to the tournament accessory wise, tape, rosin bag, ect... that I will need those thoughts will be welcome as well.
    Thank you in advance for your help.
    Proud Member of Bowlingboards.com.Average-166 High Series-613 High Game-256 In The Bag:Storm Lights Out, Storm Optimus, Columbia 300 White Dot.
    Clean Games:10 Tournament Bag: Ebonite Pivot Point, Storm Lights Out, Marvel S and Polar Ice, Hammer Spike.

Chats: 221

Rather than the Legacy I would look for something stronger for the long pattern. mastermind, Mastermind Genius,Crazy Antics,Covert Revolt,Cruel Intent,Disturbed,Asylum,Defiant Soul,Sync,Lx16, Deadly Aim, Black Widow Assassin

Chats: 204

I thought girls were only allowed to throw either a DV8 Diva or a 900 Global Vixen…or a Tropical Breeze??
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Brunswick Endeavor; (: .) Radical Outer Limits Pearl; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    USBC#: 8259-59071; USBC Sanctioned Average = 186; Lifetime Average = 171;
    Ball Speed: 14.4mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

Chats: 32

Quote Originally Posted by Stormed1 View Post
    Rather than the Legacy I would look for something stronger for the long pattern. mastermind, Mastermind Genius,Crazy Antics,Covert Revolt,Cruel Intent,Disturbed,Asylum,Defiant Soul,Sync,Lx16, Deadly Aim, Black Widow Assassin
    Agree with this unless you are very rev dominate it looks like you need a stronger piece too me.

Quote Originally Posted by Aslan View Post
    I thought girls were only allowed to throw either a DV8 Diva or a 900 Global Vixen…or a Tropical Breeze??
    That's not girls aslan that's what you should be playing with

I really don't know enough about how you bowl to recommend balls for you. I can, however, offer some general advice for tournaments. First, if you are bowling five game squads on a tough shot, it will feel like seven or eight games on a house shot. Make sure you prepare yourself by bowling some longer practice session to get your stamina up. Second, make sure you have a back-up plan in case your shoes get wet. I've seen it happen to pros at regionals, and it's not a pretty sight. If you have an old pair of shoes, bring them along just in case. Finally, some items that come in real handy to have in your bag: aspirin or some other pain reliever, nail clippers (nothing like trying to bowl with a hang-nail), antacids (we all know about snack bar foods), and a healthy snack (trail mix works well for me). Above all, Have Fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Amyers View Post
    That's not girls aslan that's what you should be playing with
    If I find them on clearance….maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Aslan View Post
    If I find them on clearance….maybe.
    How long do we have to wait for the floor of your closet to fall through from the weight

Quote Originally Posted by Amyers View Post
    How long do we have to wait for the floor of your closet to fall through from the weight
    Well….lets just say I'm REALLY feeling bad for my friend that will help me move eventually. I imagine he'll complain after about the 3rd/4th 16lb bowling ball box.

I throw at 12-14 MPH and I'm a have a lower rev rate, also I'm a stroker. Thank you Stormed1 and RobLV1 for your great advice.
    Proud Member of Bowlingboards.com.Average-166 High Series-613 High Game-256 In The Bag:Storm Lights Out, Storm Optimus, Columbia 300 White Dot.
    Clean Games:10 Tournament Bag: Ebonite Pivot Point, Storm Lights Out, Marvel S and Polar Ice, Hammer Spike.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast