Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tournamet and Arsenal choosing help.

I'd recommend a IQ Fusion, Deadly Aim or A motive Primal Rage. With your speed and rev rate the Legacy would probably work great for you.

Quote Originally Posted by sara2117 View Post
    I throw at 12-14 MPH and I'm a have a lower rev rate, also I'm a stroker. Thank you Stormed1 and RobLV1 for your great advice.
    My friend has a low rev rate and slow ball speed similar to yours, and he uses a Roto Grip Hyper Cell with much success. The ball has a high hook potential to make up for your lack of revs.

A high hook "potential" will not make up for a lack of revs. There are only two basic elements involved in ball reaction: friction and resistence. Resistence is determined by the radius of gyration. The higher the radius of gyration, the longer the ball goes down the lane before it hooks. Everything else about the ball involves friction. It's interesting to me that all of the balls mentioned in the last two posts are very aggressive and early-rolling. With a 12-14 mph ball speed and a low rev rate, an aggressive ball is the last thing that Sara needs. The low rg will just get the ball to start hooking earlier to ensure that it is out of energy by the time it reaches the pins. The only thing that determines how much a ball hooks is the release of the bowler. Everything else determines how soon it hooks, and how soon it hooks is how the energy is retained to knock down more pins.

Chats: 32

Quote Originally Posted by RobLV1 View Post
    A high hook "potential" will not make up for a lack of revs. There are only two basic elements involved in ball reaction: friction and resistence. Resistence is determined by the radius of gyration. The higher the radius of gyration, the longer the ball goes down the lane before it hooks. Everything else about the ball involves friction. It's interesting to me that all of the balls mentioned in the last two posts are very aggressive and early-rolling. With a 12-14 mph ball speed and a low rev rate, an aggressive ball is the last thing that Sara needs. The low rg will just get the ball to start hooking earlier to ensure that it is out of energy by the time it reaches the pins. The only thing that determines how much a ball hooks is the release of the bowler. Everything else determines how soon it hooks, and how soon it hooks is how the energy is retained to knock down more pins.
    Rob I definitely get what you are saying about the ball burning up. I know this probably varies but on average how many revs does a person need before they will see the differences in a balls hook potential to be realized? I'm sure ball speed plays a roll here and surface. I'm guessing that polished surface would be better for low speed players as it delays the hook and allows the ball to save energy or am I wrong about that?

Blog Entries
    Chats: 2643

Default Have fun!!

Quote Originally Posted by RobLV1 View Post
    I really don't know enough about how you bowl to recommend balls for you. I can, however, offer some general advice for tournaments. First, if you are bowling five game squads on a tough shot, it will feel like seven or eight games on a house shot. Make sure you prepare yourself by bowling some longer practice session to get your stamina up. Second, make sure you have a back-up plan in case your shoes get wet. I've seen it happen to pros at regionals, and it's not a pretty sight. If you have an old pair of shoes, bring them along just in case. Finally, some items that come in real handy to have in your bag: aspirin or some other pain reliever, nail clippers (nothing like trying to bowl with a hang-nail), antacids (we all know about snack bar foods), and a healthy snack (trail mix works well for me). Above all, Have Fun!
    LOL,,,, things have never crossed my mind ,,, (being a super hero LOL), but GREAT ADVISE,,,,, esp,,, HAVE FUN!! ( OK MIKE ATTACK!!! (
    Don't walk on Thin Ice!

Ameyers: You are absolutely right. For a lower speed, low rev player, a less aggressive ball with less surface or polish will help to retain the energy in the ball for better pin carry. Higher speed, but lower rev players can use more aggressive equipment, or less aggressive equipment with more surface, while players who are rev/speed balanced can use most anything, provided they can play difference parts of the lane.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12