Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sweepers

Default Sweepers

He you go Totally Defiant
    I bowl several of these a year.
    Most around here are either 6,8,or 12 game but I do know of a 24 game that comes around once in a while.
    Most are not actually sanctioned
    You will move one pair after every game.
    Highest total pinfall wins Generally pays 1in 5 or 6 places

This is what is posted from the last one that I did

12 Game Marathon (OverNight)
    November 23rd 11pm-7am
    1st Guaranteed $1200.00
    With 42 entries
    1 in 5 ratio
    Format: Bowl 12 games moving 1 pair to your right after each game
    80% of 210
    $110 entry fee
    Brackets
    High Pots
    Limit 42 Bowlers
    WILL NOT BE A HOUSE SHOT

I have a 8 game coming up on July 4th that I plan on doing
    USBC #9327-540
    In the Bag:
    Storm IQ Tour Fusion, Brunswick Mastermind Genisu, Roto Grip Asylum and Ebonite Maxim
    Final Book Averages for Fall:192 Current averages in Summer: PBA 182, Tuesday 202, Thursday 205

Bowler
    Chats: 4

See the one that I was told about going on tonight is a 3 game series consisting of different colored pins. 16 dollar entry. All I have been told is I could win money and that's it

that not a sweeper thats color-rama some places may call it monte carlo

Typically colored head pin is a dollar
    splits will be worth money too if you can pick them up
    there will be ticket sold for strikes shots
    Go try it out it can be fun
    USBC #9327-540
    In the Bag:
    Storm IQ Tour Fusion, Brunswick Mastermind Genisu, Roto Grip Asylum and Ebonite Maxim
    Final Book Averages for Fall:192 Current averages in Summer: PBA 182, Tuesday 202, Thursday 205

Bowler

Hopefully I can get them to explain it to me a little bit better once I get there at 615.

Blog Entries
    Chats: 2643

Default Free Game with strike and Color pin

Quote Originally Posted by tccstudent View Post
    that not a sweeper thats color-rama some places may call it monte carlo

Typically colored head pin is a dollar
    splits will be worth money too if you can pick them up
    there will be ticket sold for strikes shots
    Go try it out it can be fun
    On a side note, the Gladstone Bowling lanes where I bowl have a few color pins mixed in on every lane, ,,, any time on league night it comes up as a ONE PIN, and you get a strike,,,,,you win a FREE GAME!

Sort of nice,,,,, I have won as many on one afternoon, 3 games! just a little thing they do at Gladstone,,, they also give a free game for seniors when you bowl a high game, or series!

I think I am going to like this privately owned bowling alley! They run a ship!!
    Don't walk on Thin Ice!

Bowler

Quote Originally Posted by MICHAEL View Post
    On a side note, the Gladstone Bowling lanes where I bowl have a few color pins mixed in on every lane, ,,, any time on league night it comes up as a ONE PIN, and you get a strike,,,,,you win a FREE GAME!

Sort of nice,,,,, I have won as many on one afternoon, 3 games! just a little thing they do at Gladstone,,, they also give a free game for seniors when you bowl a high game, or series!

I think I am going to like this privately owned bowling alley! They run a ship!!
    That would be awesome if my house done that. I did bowl in what they called a sweeper Saturday night with the colored pins. Did not bowl worth a crap yet again and honestly did not even have any fun. Only won 3 of my 16 dollars back for picking up spares.

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Quote Originally Posted by MICHAEL View Post
    You have to watch out If they have colored pins in the rack during sanctioned league play.

Because a lot of them are not certified for sanctioned league play. Which could cost you a honor score or game etc. if someone wanted to pushed it.

That and colored pins are lot of times older, more worn pins than the others in the rack, so might not carry as good.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bowl1820 View Post
    You have to watch out If they have colored pins in the rack during sanctioned league play.

Because a lot of them are not certified for sanctioned league play. Which could cost you a honor score or game etc. if someone wanted to pushed it.

That and colored pins are lot of times older, more worn pins than the others in the rack, so might not carry as good.
    thanks,,,,, I WILL CHECK THAT OUT TUESDAY! They, ( all 3 leagues that I bowl at Gladstone are sanctioned leagues ), does anyone anymore really even check on the pins, or even the oil??????? I doubt it! In my short time bowling, I have never heard of the bowling officials coming in to check anything???

I thought to myself, maybe the paint might actually make the pins less effective, or deflect in a different direction due to the surface of the paint ??????

These lanes are notorious for poor carry, and 10 7 leaves! But do have some damn good scores, even a 300 on the Friday afternoon seniors league
    Last edited by MICHAEL; 06-16-2014 at 10:29 AM.
    Don't walk on Thin Ice!

I think they come around once a year at least to make sure sanctioned centers are in fact using sanctioned equipment. I could be wrong?

Blog Entries

Default Ice will check it out!!

Quote Originally Posted by mc_runner View Post
    I think they come around once a year at least to make sure sanctioned centers are in fact using sanctioned equipment. I could be wrong?
    I will find out if they do indeed check out this alley, and if they are sanctioned pins?? Lean something new every day!!!
    Don't walk on Thin Ice!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast