Thread: Bowling in Chattanooga, TN

Chats: 0

Default Bowling in Chattanooga, TN

I'm becoming bored with bowling. It is my favorite thing to do and it is disappointing that I am losing interest. What sucks about it, all the houses in my area are just carry contests. This isn't a single challenging pattern laid out. I'm averaging almost 220 this year and I'm not even trying that hard. I just take the same ball (Brunswick Power Groove), stand 20 aim for 9 at the arrows and throw. I don't have to think at all. I do not even get there for practice because it's the exact same thing every time. I guess I should be thankful for the repetition of the shot laid out each week. I'd consider going Pro if there was A. More money to be had/won. B. I had something decent to practice on. C. A league that was competitive.

Anyone else in this situation with me?

Founder/Owner

Blog Entries
    Chats: 651

Wow, I am not sure what to do. I feel bad that you are getting bored. Is there any tournaments around to play or other centers close by?
    Go Broncos!

Chats: 0

I bowl in the City, State, and National Tournament, but I'm beginning to wonder if it's just easier to pay the dues and not bowl in a league every week and just show up for the tournaments. The only one that I want to practice for is the National tournament. State was kind of a joke last year. The second squad of doubles and singles was not re-oiled beforehand. There were so many people complaining that they didn't have a shot because they were broken down so much. I bowled on the first squad and would have loved to have bowled the second squad. All that needed to be done was have a light oil ball and you'd be fine. No one around here wants to use anything like that. God forbid they have to adjust. Just to make them happy they've decided to re-oil after every squad. All I can hope is that they clean the backends of the carrydown before they do that. Otherwise, there won't be a chance in hell of hitting anything due to the carrydown from the previous squad PLUS the new carrydown. We'll see.

There are 3 centers, but to maintain what little membership we have here all put down extremely easy THS.

Super Moderator
    Chats: 12

There is no PBA shot leagues in your area???

check Bowl.com for one in your area
    ~Brian Hirsch~
    VISE Staff Member
    Bowlingboards.com You're #1 Online Bowling Forums

Bowler

Chats: 3

I wonder if there are other bowlers in your area that feel the same. Do a straw poll to find out. If there are, you could start a Sport or a PBAX league and draw league members from the poll data. That would keep everything fresh and competitive.

Why wait for someone else to do it? If you do you may be waiting a long time. It's not that hard. Many on here have started leagues, and would be glad to help.
    I am a proud member of BowlingBoards.com Bowling Forums

If you're not the lead dog, the scenery never changes.