Thread: Zero Gravity Review by Samuel Benifield

Default Zero Gravity Review by Samuel Benifield

Lay Out #1: 5" from PAP at 90* PAP angle and 70* VAL angle. Dual angle measurement would be 90/5/70. The pin ended up about 1/2 below my ring finger in a direct line, with the CG inside the middle of my palm. No weight hole was needed.

Surface: I kept this ball out of box.

Purpose: I was looking for a ball that i could take to sport shots and be able to really drive through the oil and make the back end motion without losing all its energy, or being a sharp angle.

Observations: The Zero Gravity is a fantastic ball on the fresh, I was able to play a pretty solid line over the middle arrow and out to 15-12 on longer sports patterns and just demolish the pocket. When I missed right the ball picked up and still made it back, pull it in and the low RG really kept that ball in control. Overall the zero gravity is a fantastic piece for some serious control on heavier and longer patterns.

Storm Pro Shop Staff
    BowlersMart.com Employee
    BowlersMart Buford, Ga Store Location

Blog Entries
    Chats: 2643

Default Very interesting your lay out

Maybe it's me, but it seems that Layout just might MAKE or BREAK a ball! Knowing your style of bowling, and lanes you expect to bowl on, and patterns, is EVEN MORE important then the ball itself to a degree!

Many people pick out a GREAT BALL, and simple get fitted, putting the rest of the drilling up to the driller. I think a great number of drillers don't watch the bowler throw his ball, or even know his PAP.

A fantastic ball like the Storm Zero Gravity can be on incrediable ball! IF DRILLED TO SUIT THE ABOVE!

I know some people that LOVE THE BALL I have talked to........ I know some who have said its ok,,,, and a couple that hated it!

I think its the drilling that can MAKE a ball HOT,,,, or just SMOKE!
    Don't walk on Thin Ice!

Quote Originally Posted by MICHAEL View Post
    Maybe it's me, but it seems that Layout just might MAKE or BREAK a ball! Knowing your style of bowling, and lanes you expect to bowl on, and patterns, is EVEN MORE important then the ball itself to a degree!

Many people pick out a GREAT BALL, and simple get fitted, putting the rest of the drilling up to the driller. I think a great number of drillers don't watch the bowler throw his ball, or even know his PAP.

A fantastic ball like the Storm Zero Gravity can be on incrediable ball! IF DRILLED TO SUIT THE ABOVE!

I know some people that LOVE THE BALL I have talked to........ I know some who have said its ok,,,, and a couple that hated it!

I think its the drilling that can MAKE a ball HOT,,,, or just SMOKE!
    Well said, Iceman. (Can I call you that? I see everybody else do it lol) Anyways, I've been going to the same pro shop guy for 6 months now and he recently drilled me one up in May. Let me say that I love this bowling ball. It gives me the strong back end that I've been lacking on my Black Widow Assassin. It's the perfect ball to start off with when leagues begin. My only grip is that the ball cracked within 2 months of using it! Luckily my pro shop guy and Storm were able to give me a ball credit to use on whichever ball I wanted to use it on. The Zero is still usable, and there's a possibility Storm won't ask for the ball back so I could end up with two bowling balls for the price of one.

Blog Entries
    Chats: 2643

Quote Originally Posted by Sourtower View Post
    Well said, Iceman. (Can I call you that? I see everybody else do it lol) Anyways, I've been going to the same pro shop guy for 6 months now and he recently drilled me one up in May. Let me say that I love this bowling ball. It gives me the strong back end that I've been lacking on my Black Widow Assassin. It's the perfect ball to start off with when leagues begin. My only grip is that the ball cracked within 2 months of using it! Luckily my pro shop guy and Storm were able to give me a ball credit to use on whichever ball I wanted to use it on. The Zero is still usable, and there's a possibility Storm won't ask for the ball back so I could end up with two bowling balls for the price of one.
    Sure, Ice if you want to save a few strokes! ( I am surprised that they did not want the pro shop to keep it? I would imagine it broke after hitting the pins, it might do damage to bowling equipment. Good deal that you got a new out of it! My wife had a Manic Storm ball crack. The pro shop took a picture of it, sent it to a Storm Rep, and he said to give her a new on of like value and price.

Storm stood behind their product. She now has a new ball, courtesy of Storm!
    Don't walk on Thin Ice!