Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: ICEMAN has found a Mom and Pap 6 lane WOOD bowlling alley!!!!

Chats: 0

Gotta love old-school bowling. This is the kind of place where you'd have to wear an old '50s-style bowling shirt with the stripes. This is the kind of place for your old Brunswick rubber bowling ball. I bet they still have ash trays set in the scoring table for your filterless Luckies, Pall Malls and Camels. I bet they still serve Falstaff on tap, too.

Blog Entries
    Chats: 2643

Default open bowling 6pm to 10pm Friday and Saturday

Just called to see if its going to be open tonight, or rented for a party already? I got a tape recorded message, saying they will get back to me on Friday night after 6mp.....

I NEED TO KNOW SOONER THEN THAT,,, its a 45 minute drive to get there!!

I can't wait to try this old wood lane alley out!!!! ((will be my first time bowling on wood))!
    Last edited by MICHAEL; 07-13-2014 at 10:27 PM.
    Don't walk on Thin Ice!

Just make sure you keep your fly zipped up

Blog Entries

Default Tomorrow for Sure,,, OPEN BOWLING 6 to 10pm

As the answering machine stated they would return calls form 6pm to 10pm Friday and Saturday, during the summer.

They called while I was out, but she did say after he got done hauling some hay, he would have open bowling, ( place was not rented this weekend).

My wife gets off work tomorrow at 3:00pm,,, plan on checking this place out, and taking a bunch of pictures to show you guys.

WOOD LANES,,, Can't wait to see how wood differs from synthetic, and the condition of the lanes.

They do have winter leagues, as posted on the sign outside the establishment. CAN"T WAIT!!! Problem is it's a pretty good trip from my place.

Anybody want to go with me and wife, let me know,,, Aslan,,, what's your plans??? Your a WOOD bowling machine,,,, "wood" you like to show Iceman how to handle this new surface!!??
    Don't walk on Thin Ice!

Blog Entries

Default tonight I bowl wood for the First time!

Got the camera charging up, want to take some pictures of the small town bowling alley!!! CAN'T fricken wait!!!!! Ouch,,,, its painful ,,, the wait!!

Wood, be a lot easier if it weren't for it being would!! LOL.... LOL

TELL ME THIS IS NOT ONE COOL SET UP!!! WOOD, Can't you just smell IT??? HUMMMM... can't wait to see this place inside!
    Last edited by MICHAEL; 07-12-2014 at 12:06 PM.
    Don't walk on Thin Ice!

Blog Entries

Default Wonderful step back in time COOL bowling alley

I took many pictures of this Well kept, cool bowling alley! It's MY favorite one so far in my LIFE! Wait till I get some of the pictures and you will see why it was love AT FIST ROLL! First game was a 211, 169, 201, and 202! It was on wood, and had not been oiled since the day before. They are open in the summer short hours! Friday from 6 to 10 pm. I did bowl 6 other games, just to experiment with different balls and angles...

Guess what ball gave me my first four above... YES DEADLY AIM!! What a ball on WOOD, and synthetic!

I have a lot to say about the experience, but its late, and I will be posting pictures, and stories I heard from the owner! He even showed me how they use to oil the lanes by hand!

Now they have a reconditioned oil/stripper! They purchased it from a Big company in bowling not far away!

I like the ball movement on wood a lot!! Even with the oil some what destroyed, it played great! WELL,,,LOTS to come on this great Local owned wood alley.

I think you will enjoy seeing his operation!!! I plan on making the 45 minute trip every Saturday, after my wife gets off work at 3pm.

A VERY UNIQUE FUN PLACE! Prices that CAN"T BE BEAT... open bowling 2.00,,,, coffee 50.cents I have a copy of his menu!!
    Don't walk on Thin Ice!

Blog Entries

Default First of many to come inside this HOME TOWN Bowling alley!

I swear to GOD, I felt like I Died and went straight to heaven, by passing the pearly gates!! It had that feel, and smell of real Bowling, nothing synthetic about this spiritual experience!

When I die, and everything goes dark and black, ,,, ,,, then as the light starts to come and my eyes get back their focus this is what ICEMAN is hoping for!

I enjoyed talking to the Part owners, husband and wife Chris and Georgia, Rauchle!

They were very friendly, and fun to be around, giving Iceman lots of information about the lanes, and its history.

Chris had a twin brother, and in there younger days just the two of them farmed a 2000 acre, plus raise hogs! That is ONE HUGE farm, but I could tell by the frame of this now in his 70's man, that in his hay day he would not have be a force to reckon with!! LOL

While I was there, with my wife, only two other young men came in with hot rod shirts, to do a little practice. One according to the owner Chris, was one of their better bowlers. Since they were on the lanes next to ICEMAN,,, I kept an eye on them! I think if we would have had a challenge for right there on that spot, ICEMAN would have left with all the glory!!

In fairness, the lanes had not been oiled since the day before, and two groups of bowlers, one being a party for kids, had demolished the oil.
    But you know what, I was surprised how even on WOOD lanes, I was able to play that outside line, with the Deadly Aim. I did wind up throwing 3rd arrow, and standing center part of approach! This was on used, old oil.

I have a lot of information about this wonderful piece of vanishing history. I am going to try put together a team to bowl those lanes this coming fall!

Georgia and Chris said we have never had a SANCTIONED 300 game, but have had two bowled in practice games, or non sanctioned, not sure about that! Both being bowled by Georgia’s I believe.

I enjoyed bowling the wood VERY MUCH, and I am looking forward to getting more acclimated to this NEW surface. LOTS MORE Fun interesting info to come!

Last edited by MICHAEL; 07-13-2014 at 01:43 PM.
    Don't walk on Thin Ice!

Blog Entries

Default A PICTURE is Worth 1000 words!

Don't walk on Thin Ice!

i used 2 work at a 6 lane wood house , wood is a lot less over under 4 me

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by larry mc View Post
    i used 2 work at a 6 lane wood house , wood is a lot less over under 4 me
    O agree. what ever that means? I just know that I picked up some great spares, and the wood seems a lot less reactive! I think what I am trying to say is its a lot less over and under! I LIKE the shot on the lane I was on, cant wait to try the other 5 out!

What a great idea for kids!!! This is their version of bumpers for kid bowling PC PIPE attached togerther then taped... works great.
    Last edited by MICHAEL; 07-13-2014 at 10:41 PM.
    Don't walk on Thin Ice!

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast