Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast

Thread: ICEMAN has found a Mom and Pap 6 lane WOOD bowlling alley!!!!

Chats: 0

I remember well using paper and pencil. I've still got my 260+ high game, scored on paper somewhere... That happened in 198...3, I think.

Blog Entries
    Chats: 2643

Default IN about 1 HOUR!

Getting ready for a trip to Plattsburg! Like I said if they have delivery, and anyone shows up I will buy the pizza's!! BYOB.... Remember you can bring your own beer, or mixed what-ever!

Starting to train for my up coming challenge from the LION! Who knows, we might be bowling on wood! Who wood know,,,, not me!! LOL

Its open bowling is only Friday and Saturday from 6pm to 10... or when ever as Chris says.... he is the part owner!
    Don't walk on Thin Ice!

Blog Entries

Default Did meet the other Co-Operator of Plattsburg Bowing alley!

Well I didn't know if anyone was going to be at my NEW FAVORITE wood alley in Plattsburg, but Gene02u was there parked in front Ready to bowl. Gene lives about the same distance as Ice from this Fantastic piece of WOOD HISTRORY Bowling alley! Wood lanes around here, like Bob mentioned are almost as hard to find as a Pink Grisly Bear!

I had the great opportunity to meet the other co operator of Plattsburg Bowling alley! We had a great time talking about bowling, and how he, ( his name is Lee, and Chris), want to keep it wood, and that will not change!

Chris in his mid 70s, and Lee, is 83, but they don't look it at all!

In fact I now believe that owning a wood bowling alley is a form of eternal younth!
    YES,,, it just might keep you young! WHO needs to look for that preverbal Fountain of Youth, when all you really need is a Ventage Wood Bowling alley!

This was my fist time meeting Lee, we hit it off WELL,,, had a great time talking about bowling!

In Fact,,, I will be on the same TEAM that the two owners bowl on, and took first place last year. Its the Thursday night men's league, 6 lanes 30 bowling Farm boys that love the sport of bowling! They don't bowl for money,,,, LIKE ICEMAN,,, they bowl for the shear pleasure, and Sport of the game!

One reason why he said to me they keep the price down, 8 bucks! I said, wow,,, do you make enough to cover expenses??? He said we, do enough to cover expenses, and then a little, but they weren't getting RICH at all with money, but Rich in memories, and friendships!

They are both ONE OF A KIND.... Caring Farm guys,,,,,The Salt of the Earth,,, that care about people and all the hardships many are going through at this tough period, of job losses, and stagnant wages! He said to me: "Sure, Ice, we could charge more, and it would help with the profits, but we just want to make enough to pay the bills, and operating expenses. Summer time they only have open bowing Friday and Saturday, 6 to 10, but they do book quite a few parties during the summer at very reasonable prices... you get the whole alley for you party which includes balls, and shoes.

ANYWAY, Ice found out he will be bowing with the Co-Operators,,,,, Lee, and Chris this fall! The TEAM that Won First Place Last year! LOL
    We Start August the 28!!

ICEMAN is in LOVE WITH THIS PLACE.... I get the feeling Gene,,, (Geneo2u) is 2!!! I am seriously thinking of looking for a house that is at least half the distance from Plattsburg, if not in Plattsburg!!

I did buy two large pizza's yesterday for everyone!! WE HAD A GREAT TIME!!

ICEMAN loves Pizza,,,, Iceman loves wife!!! hummm,,,, hum!!! (most of the time, unless she is mean to ME!!)
    Last edited by MICHAEL; 08-04-2014 at 08:27 PM.
    Don't walk on Thin Ice!

Blog Entries

Default Come on down this Saturday

I know Gene and Mary are going to the lake, but do have a group of other bowlers from around town going to those pristine wood lanes in Plattsburg Missouri tonight. The Beast Pat Henderson will be there with a group of his friends. Bring you own beer, mixed drinks treats and have a GREAT TIME!! 6pm to 10, or when ever!!!

My men's league starts up next Thursday,,, looking forward to that. 6 lanes full 5 men teams.

I ask what happens if one of the lanes break down,,, LEE just smiled and said, that does require ingenuity, and creative movement at the lanes. I don't think it happens much, they are well taken care of!

This will be my first time bowing a winter league on wood!

Like I have said, we HAVE A GREAT time cutting up and bowing for imaginary Big Bucks! Come on down if your not doing anything.

JUST remember the hours... 6pm to 10pm! only open bowling is Friday and Saturday, unless they have a party on the books!

Last edited by MICHAEL; 08-16-2014 at 10:56 AM.
    Don't walk on Thin Ice!

Blog Entries

Default More pictures

I swear if I died and went to heaven, this is what I hope its like... ,, ( I HOPE!) LOL Some pictures from last night! In their smoking room, they also have a ball cleaner that Chris purchased a while back on Ebay for 300 bucks (GREAT CONDITION),,, they also have a microwave that bowlers can use, along with an refrigerator, that had some beer in it, that according to Chris, has been there since last fall league... lol.

shotstack2, One of the leasers of this fine establishment, Georgia,,, tried to join bowlingboards.com a while back, it accepted her registration, but she got a message something to the effect, bared for logging in??? Bowl if you know how to fix this let me know, and I will pass it on to her. Georgia does not have a computer at home, but does log on at work! She said if I didn't get this fixed, she was not going to make home ice-cream anymore for ICEMAN and company!!

Beer, Ice-Cream, fellowship, and Bowling,,,,,,HUMMMM,,,, hummmm!!! LIfe is Good!! Thanks YOU Georgia!! Georgia is now on this site as ( shortstack2 ) She doesn't have a computer at home, (( they don't have electricity))) but she does get on line at work! LOL She should be on soon! Thanks bowl1820 for the help!
    Last edited by MICHAEL; 08-19-2014 at 10:50 AM.
    Don't walk on Thin Ice!

Blog Entries

Thursday at 6:30 I start my first WOOD LEGAGE at Plattsbug on the all male team. 6 lanes, 5 man teams, and its full! Looking forward to the adventure! My first league even on Real Wood!
    Don't walk on Thin Ice!

Quote Originally Posted by MICHAEL View Post
    Thursday at 6:30 I start my first WOOD LEGAGE at Plattsbug on the all male team. 6 lanes, 5 man teams, and its full! Looking forward to the adventure! My first league even on Real Wood!
    Good luck in the Retrospective League, Ice!

Blog Entries

Got the word today that my oldest Son will be bowling with us on Thursday Night! Mike is new to bowling but had some great games his first year, on Tuesday nights with Iceman. Had about a half dozen 600 plus games,,, and a few high individual games,,, I remember one where he started out with 8 strikes,,, then a ringing ten PIN! GRRRRRR... I thought to myself, WOW a 300 game first league he has every bowled, First finger tip ball ect ect.
    He has the Gift.... it will be interesting to see him bowl on the wood!

We had another GREAT TIME there yesterday, Gene, Mary, Joyce, and Iceman! He put a fresh 40 ft oil pattern down,,, and it was challenging to say the least!!! But ONE hell of a lot of fun..... He sales GREAT HOT DOGS at the lanes,,,, perfect way to end a FUN NIGHT OF BOWLING in a Wonderful small town alley!!!

When I die,,, I hope this is what HEAVEN is LIKE!!

WHY ,,,,,,,, do,,,,,,, I have this feeling, that he will be KEEPING AN EYE-Ball on ICEMAN!
    Last edited by MICHAEL; 08-25-2014 at 08:06 AM.
    Don't walk on Thin Ice!

Chats: 32

Sounds really cool iceman.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

You'll have to keep an "eye" on that son of yours...

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast