Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: ICEMAN has found a Mom and Pap 6 lane WOOD bowlling alley!!!!

Chats: 0

Awesome pics and bowling center. Iceman should bowl a league there. I drive that distance for my Thursday fall league. Unrelated, I think Iceman should by an ownership stake, and put on a yearly bowlingboards tournament !
    Hammer Purple Urethane. Storm Surge Hybrid, Storm Pitch Purple, Roto Grip Hyper Cell.
    2 Storm Surge Pearl 4x4x2 and a no flare, ,Roto Grip Hot Cell, Roto Grip Haywire.
    2020/2021, Hi Average 219, Hi Game 289, Hi Series 771, 30 Clean 4, 700 Series 16.
    2021/2022, Hi Average 211, Hi Game 256 Hi Series 693, 30 Clean 0, 700 Series 0.
    Proud member of Bowlingboards.com Since 2013.

Looks like a nice house wood can be a nice ahot if they are well maintained but it takes more work and money to maintain wood then it does synthetics the house I started out in needed resurfaced in a bad way but the owner wasnt making enough money to do it so they kept getting worse and worse so I started bowling in tulsa and this wood house has since been shut down by the evil irs

Blog Entries
    Chats: 2643

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksox1 View Post
    Awesome pics and bowling center. Iceman should bowl a league there. I drive that distance for my Thursday fall league. Unrelated, I think Iceman should by an ownership stake, and put on a yearly bowlingboards tournament !
    It was love at FIRST SIGHT!! I am almost Sure I will be bowling on a league there this winter, despite the 40 minute drive! Most of the ride is in the country,,, farm land! I would like to find a team from around here. I have talked to Geneo2u,,, he is thinking about it... I will find out what size teams are this coming Saturday when I make my next trip. It is good roads all the way, except for the Rope, swing bridge that holds one car at a time leading into town. You also have to check your guns in at the edge of town! The Sheriff keeps them while in town bowling!

Plattsburg is a step back into time, and reminds Iceman of the Wild West!! Lots of Old houses and history!

REMEMBER,,, no website, and closed during the week in the summer! Only way I can communicate leave a message on answering machine, that they check on Friday of each week at opening around 6pm.
    Don't walk on Thin Ice!

Blog Entries

Default IRS don't like Wood!

Quote Originally Posted by tccstudent View Post
    Looks like a nice house wood can be a nice ahot if they are well maintained but it takes more work and money to maintain wood then it does synthetics the house I started out in needed resurfaced in a bad way but the owner wasnt making enough money to do it so they kept getting worse and worse so I started bowling in tulsa and this wood house has since been shut down by the evil irs
    too bad about the IRS!! They hate wood bowling! I have heard they are big on soccer!!!! They don't even like FOOTBALL,,, NFL,, Football!!!
    Don't walk on Thin Ice!

Blog Entries

Default Wood vs Synthetic

Quote Originally Posted by Amyers View Post
    Wood tends to vary a lot so it's hard to say I bowl on mostly wood lanes in two different houses here and on has synthetic. It is really hard to tell if the differences are more to the surface or the oils though. If I can tell one difference it seems to me the synthetics reflect the oil better than the wood. The wood seems more balanced not as much difference between wet and dry than the synthetics. the synthetic lane house if there dry its hard to keep a ball on them if its wet its hard to get it too hook the wood houses change just not as much. Some wood is high friction some is not so until you bowl on it kind of hard to say. Both of the wood lane houses I play at tend to be lower scoring than the synthetics but it could just be because they are older. Mostly less pin action.
    YOU KNOW AMYERS, I AGREE with your statement: The wood seems more balanced not as much difference between wet and dry than the synthetics. the synthetic lane house if there dry its hard to keep a ball on them if its wet its hard to get it too hook the wood houses change just not as much.

I was bowling on used second day oil.... I bowled I believe 8 games, and I was still getting great shots on wood! Could it be that the wood absorbs some of the oil into the wood, where as the synthetic can't, and when its gone,,,, IT GONE!!

They do seem to take good care of the lanes,,, I still need to play the other 5 lanes! LOOKING FORWARD TO DOING IT!
    Don't walk on Thin Ice!

i love the retro ash treys! don't see those to often any more

Im on my phone so I cant quote but mike if you think that holds up better then tey and find a shot in a wood house that needs to be resurfaced by the fifth frame in the first game you are already standing in front of the ball return lofting the gutters with plastic

Chats: 32

Quote Originally Posted by tccstudent View Post
    Im on my phone so I cant quote but mike if you think that holds up better then tey and find a shot in a wood house that needs to be resurfaced by the fifth frame in the first game you are already standing in front of the ball return lofting the gutters with plastic
    What I was talking about was on well maintained lanes even poorly maintained synthetics have issues with that. I will say wood is more changable due to temperature, humidity, and lane pairs than synthetics.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Amyers View Post
    What I was talking about was on well maintained lanes even poorly maintained synthetics have issues with that. I will say wood is more changable due to temperature, humidity, and lane pairs than synthetics.
    The Plattsburg Missouri lanes are WELL taken care of! The owners love bowing themselves! NOT JUST OWNERS! I think that makes a huge difference. The run the alley out of love of the game, not to make money! Least that the impression I got talking to them! Great couple Chris and Georga!! He made it CLEAR that they do the maintenance recommended for wood lanes every year.
    Don't walk on Thin Ice!

Thats good

There are a few houses I go to tournaments that have what I call hybrid lanes wood heads and synthetic backends or vise versa and those give a pretty nice shot too

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast