Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: ICEMAN has found a Mom and Pap 6 lane WOOD bowlling alley!!!!

Blog Entries
    Chats: 2643

Default ICEMAN has found a Mom and Pop 6 lane WOOD bowlling alley!!!!

Wow,,,, I have never bowled on Wood! Having just got into sport 3 years ago... all the lanes around here are synthetic!! In a town about 30 miles form my place is a 6 lane bowling alley. I called yesterday, and they returned my call this afternoon. It has leagues, and can even set up sports patterns so he said. The place is where a good friend of me and my wife lives, Plattsburg Missouri! CAN"T WAIT TO BURN THE WOOD!!!

Any suggestions as to the type of balls that work on WOOD THE best??

He said that it can be rented for parties, and the prices were very reasonable. You can bring your own food, and drinks, including mix drinks, and beer.

WISH THIS PLACE WAS CLOSER,,, I would bowl a fall league there for SURE!!!! Bring your own drinks and food!!!!! Wow
    I didn't know places like this existed!!!

Soda fountain , and chips ect. and the drinks are very reasonable!!
    I will take pictures of the place and post them!
    Last edited by MICHAEL; 07-30-2014 at 09:25 AM.
    Don't walk on Thin Ice!

Chats: 32

Wood tends to vary a lot so it's hard to say I bowl on mostly wood lanes in two different houses here and on has synthetic. It is really hard to tell if the differences are more to the surface or the oils though. If I can tell one difference it seems to me the synthetics reflect the oil better than the wood. The wood seems more balanced not as much difference between wet and dry than the synthetics. the synthetic lane house if there dry its hard to keep a ball on them if its wet its hard to get it too hook the wood houses change just not as much. Some wood is high friction some is not so until you bowl on it kind of hard to say. Both of the wood lane houses I play at tend to be lower scoring than the synthetics but it could just be because they are older. Mostly less pin action.

my home house is wood, one of the biggest issues is consistency, the lanes can vary ALLOT and transition faster than synthetic. i tend to use dull balls that burn up their energy faster. i have had success with skid/flip widows being able to push them to the gutter and get some wicked backend, i know your a fan of the Deadly Aim, and i have also had much success shooting a sweeper 3 weeks ago for a 810 series using my assassin and deadly aim. expect radical change in the oil, and wood is very sensitive to humidity.

Blog Entries

Default Iceman is going to get the Rat Pack togerther and Rent it out

You can rent is and the cost was CRAZY cheap! I think he said 65 dollars and hour,,,, from 6 till 10 pm. Might get James, Gene, Jason, and Iceman, and go rent the whole building for a Saturday night!! I know several other friends that might want to kick in on the night of bowling on wood!

I don't know one alley around here that has wood anymore! They are a dying breed! Lets see 65.00 bucks times 4 hours, and the building is ours any oil pattern we want? that's 260 a night... drop in the bucket!
    Don't walk on Thin Ice!

Chats: 32

Quote Originally Posted by MICHAEL View Post
    You can rent is and the cost was CRAZY cheap! I think he said 65 dollars and hour,,,, from 6 till 10 pm. Might get James, Gene, Jason, and Iceman, and go rent the whole building for a Saturday night!! I know several other friends that might want to kick in on the night of bowling on wood!

I don't know one alley around here that has wood anymore! They are a dying breed! Lets see 65.00 bucks times 4 hours, and the building is ours any oil pattern we want? that's 260 a night... drop in the bucket!
    I can see it now the first Annual Iceman Invetational.

Chats: 304

My home alley is also wood. Quite honestly, it's pretty easy, I'd say too easy of a house. Tends to vary very rarely being the fact that there's not really enough oil put down here in my city. more predominantly mid-lane in my opinion, but I'd say some wood lane alleys tend to be a bit easier than some synthetic wood alleys. At least in where I reside. ;p
    My bowling balls include:
    Brunswick Brute Strength, Brunswick Mastermind Genius, DV8 Endless Nightmare, DV8 Diva, DV8 Diva Pearl, DV8 Marauder Mutiny, & Brunswick White Viz-A-Ball spare ball

Chats: 0

Quote Originally Posted by Shaneshu87 View Post
    my home house is wood, one of the biggest issues is consistency, the lanes can vary ALLOT and transition faster than synthetic. i tend to use dull balls that burn up their energy faster. i have had success with skid/flip widows being able to push them to the gutter and get some wicked backend, i know your a fan of the Deadly Aim, and i have also had much success shooting a sweeper 3 weeks ago for a 810 series using my assassin and deadly aim. expect radical change in the oil, and wood is very sensitive to humidity.
    Boy, you got that right! I used to hate bowling league on wood, because one lane would be RADICALLY different from the one next door. At our alley (having 16 lanes), we learned which lanes were our favorites, and we could call ahead and reserve the one we wanted during open bowling.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mike_thomas93 View Post
    My home alley is also wood. Quite honestly, it's pretty easy, I'd say too easy of a house. Tends to vary very rarely being the fact that there's not really enough oil put down here in my city. more predominantly mid-lane in my opinion, but I'd say some wood lane alleys tend to be a bit easier than some synthetic wood alleys. At least in where I reside. ;p

This is a small town about 35 something miles from my place.

THE ICEMAN Invitational Wood Small Town Tournament

It has a Nice Sound To IT!!

Aslan,,, Mike White,,,, Rob,,,, Bowl 1820,,, you want to try you luck against some country boys!!!????

I thought that wood lanes were reconditioned and sanded each year??? I will ask the owner in regards to that!

Have Any of YOU OUT THERE HEARD of a bowling establishment that allows you to bring your own drinks and refreshments/food?

I have a male friend that lives in that town, and he said, Sure, we bring our own beer, and chips ect....

I wish I lived a little closer, I think I would enjoy bowling in that small town! I have never been in a alley with only 6 lanes!!

Plattsburg is out in the country, so not a easy highway drive to establishment, and lots of deer, and animals crossing the country roads!

I think next Saturday, I will make the trip,,, AMF tournament this weekend! Might take some friends with me, How about you Geno2u!??

Want to ride our bikes??? Its light till 9pm??? I can hook up my bike trailer and haul the balls, and beer!!
    Don't walk on Thin Ice!

Chats: 506

ice dont make me come down there and beat you lol i vote bager oil pattern
    Stroker
    Ball Speed : 17mph Rev Rate : 300-325 PAP : 4 1/2
    Balls : Hammer Taboo Deep Purple Roto Grip Shatter Roto Grip Scream Hammer absolute hook
    Avg 182 high game 291 High series 709
    bowling 2 leagues and everyday i can

Member ID: 9407-9357

Blog Entries

Default The Small Town Nationals Plattsburg Tournament

Quote Originally Posted by noeymc View Post
    ice dont make me come down there and beat you lol i vote bager oil pattern

wouldn't that be a FRICKEN BLAST Having a tournament in the small town of Plattsburg Missouri!! Let me check this place out, take a bunch of pictures, and then see about a 6 lane tournament! I think I could get a pretty good group of guys from around here!

But would that be fair to bowlers from out of town? It's understood that most of the BEST DAMN BOWLERS in the United States are from the Kansas City area....

A Small Town, low cost, but Big money tournament!!

I will make a HUGE effort to go bowl, a few 700, maybe even a 300 hundred on those easy wood lanes nest Saturday!!

I CAN"T WAIT!!!!!!

He did say he does sports patterns,,,, He is one of a kind,,, he does the Sports patterns with nothing but a MOP, Oil, and conditioner! He learned the Art form from Rafael Peterson, and John Greasy!!

He says he can put oil down better then 90 percent of them there oil machines, with all their problems!!! He said if we want to have a tournament to decide which state has the best bowlers, ,,,,, He will preform is ONE MAN oil artistry for the tournament at no charge, other then rental of the alley! Which is dirt cheap!!

seriously he did say that he has the ability to do sport shots!
    Don't walk on Thin Ice!

Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast