Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Practice

Default Practice

whats your ideal practice set up? i like to change lanes between games, with no practice shots. each lane i try i different technique/ball/mark and i stick with it throughout the whole game.

last night i shot 222,231,157,212 1st game was my normal approach with my deadly aim, second game was a cupped approach with my assassin, 3rd was two handed with my deadly (to dry for that lol) 4th was a mark change and more inside than i normally do.

Chats: 256

I practice on one pair. Sometimes getting 10 minutes of practice depending on center. If no practice, first game is just warm up. Then starting with my "strongest" ball in next game, then working my way down arsenal each successive game. Last game of all is to work on just 10 pin spares for entire game. If center has pin setters where you can easily setup pin leaves, I will set only the 10 pin up.

When I am working on something specific, I only go to throw balls and work on the part of game that I am focusing on. Lately for me is my approach since I just got some coaching and we worked on that.
    High Sanctioned Scratch Game - 300(12) Hi Sanctioned Scratch Series - 822(3)
    2016/17 Book Average=221, 2017/18 Composite Average=223
    Equipment in the bag - Storm Crux Prime, Storm Physix, Roto Grip Idol, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused, Storm Sure Lock, Storm Drive, Roto Grip Winner Solid, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Fever Pitch, Roto Grip Red ball spare.

Rev Rate 400. Speed 18 at heads, 16.5-17 at pins. Axis tilt 10, Axis Rotation 55. PAP 5 5/8 x 5/8 up

Blog Entries
    Chats: 2643

Quote Originally Posted by vdubtx View Post
    I practice on one pair. Sometimes getting 10 minutes of practice depending on center. If no practice, first game is just warm up. Then starting with my "strongest" ball in next game, then working my way down arsenal each successive game. Last game of all is to work on just 10 pin spares for entire game. If center has pin setters where you can easily setup pin leaves, I will set only the 10 pin up.

When I am working on something specific, I only go to throw balls and work on the part of game that I am focusing on. Lately for me is my approach since I just got some coaching and we worked on that.

I don't know of any lanes around Kansas City Missouri that have the ability to set up 10 pins only. IF YOU DO have that ability do you get 20 throws for a game? (NOT JUST 10 for the linage)
    Don't walk on Thin Ice!

Chats: 32

Shaneshu what differences do you see between throwing cupped vs. uncapped. I typically throw cupped have thrown some uncapped but my accuracy is usually not good that way but I figure its due to lack of practice

Blog Entries
    Chats: 2643

Quote Originally Posted by Shaneshu87 View Post
    last night i shot 222,231,157,212 1st game was my normal approach with my deadly aim, second game was a cupped approach with my assassin, 3rd was two handed with my deadly (to dry for that lol) 4th was a mark change and more inside than i normally do.
    being able to play THAT INSIDE, can be a life saver sometimes. Its a whole new delivery for me! Like that old saying: There is more then ONE way to skin a cat! Where in the hell did that inhuman saying come from??? Sorry,,,, but you get the point...LOL
    Don't walk on Thin Ice!

Quote Originally Posted by MICHAEL View Post
    I don't know of any lanes around Kansas City Missouri that have the ability to set up 10 pins only. IF YOU DO have that ability do you get 20 throws for a game? (NOT JUST 10 for the linage)
    The one place around here where you are able to set this up. If you want to be able to set up certain spares you have to rent the lanes by the hour
    USBC #9327-540
    In the Bag:
    Storm IQ Tour Fusion, Brunswick Mastermind Genisu, Roto Grip Asylum and Ebonite Maxim
    Final Book Averages for Fall:192 Current averages in Summer: PBA 182, Tuesday 202, Thursday 205

Chats: 256

Quote Originally Posted by MICHAEL View Post
    If I hit the 10 pin first ball, it counts as a strike. So if I hit it 12 times in a row, 300 game!!
    High Sanctioned Scratch Game - 300(12) Hi Sanctioned Scratch Series - 822(3)
    2016/17 Book Average=221, 2017/18 Composite Average=223
    Equipment in the bag - Storm Crux Prime, Storm Physix, Roto Grip Idol, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused, Storm Sure Lock, Storm Drive, Roto Grip Winner Solid, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Fever Pitch, Roto Grip Red ball spare.

Rev Rate 400. Speed 18 at heads, 16.5-17 at pins. Axis tilt 10, Axis Rotation 55. PAP 5 5/8 x 5/8 up

Quote Originally Posted by vdubtx View Post
    If I hit the 10 pin first ball, it counts as a strike. So if I hit it 12 times in a row, 300 game!!
    Good practice. We played next to guy last night that thinks he's all that. Couldn't pick up a 10 pin to save his life. I just giggled to myself every time he threw it in the right gutter.
    Proud Member of BowlingBoards.com Bowling Forums
    14's Deadly Aim, First Blood, HyRoad Pearl, Tropical Breeze, Rising Star, Maxim Spare

Chats: 304

I prefer practicing on a pair mostly. This sounds silly but sometimes I tend to ask whoever's at the front desk what the lane conditions are like, and that would obviously give me a better idea of which balls are more worthy to bring with me. ;p. I just throw my first shot and go from there. ;p
    My bowling balls include:
    Brunswick Brute Strength, Brunswick Mastermind Genius, DV8 Endless Nightmare, DV8 Diva, DV8 Diva Pearl, DV8 Marauder Mutiny, & Brunswick White Viz-A-Ball spare ball

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast