Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Real Dead Beats of Orange County

Chats: 0

Quote Originally Posted by Mike White View Post
    Let us know when you're going to be on Judge Judy.

I'll make an exception and watch that episode.
    Oh, man! I'd watch that episode, too!

Update: I took Classy G's advice and starting billing every 10 days. I also added the girl who hired me to the bill and sent it to her work address. (I discovered that I couldn't add late fees. Late fees can only be charged if it was part of the contract ahead of time.) But, I definitely billed the full price!

I sent out three bills so far starting on the first of the July.

I received a text this morning from the girl who hired me stating she has my payment and asking if I could meet her in Newport this afternoon. So I'm thinking what kind of shenanigans are you up to. I told my husband and he said that he would go since he's off work today and has an appointment near there this afternoon.

I texted her back and told her I'm available from 12-1.

She texted back saying that she's not available until 7pm. That's not this afternoon I thought to myself. More bs I'm thinking.

It feels like more games. We'll see.
    Proud Member of BowlingBoards.com Bowling Forums
    14's Deadly Aim, First Blood, HyRoad Pearl, Tropical Breeze, Rising Star, Maxim Spare

Chats: 32

Good luck Bunny if she doesn't show keep the text message and file a small claims law suit.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Typical. You came, did a good job and then they stiffed you. Why is it that people with money do this? Some people say it's why they have money. I saw it's because they have no morals and values and if that is what a lot of money does for you then I guess I will just be happy being broke. I do ok and I try to spread the wealth as much as I can. I feel it's the right thing to do. If someone does a good job then they should be compensated based on that. Performance based incentive - isn't that what built this great country? But no it's me - po widdle mp that is the a in the hole when I complain about bad service, etc. Maybe it's my approach. I went to the Aslan finishing school so I never just calmly complain. I dig up their ancestors and make it a party. Not one is left not thoroughly insulted. Party favors for all. I put the obscene in making a scene - but I do it with class (somewhat) and sophistication - guaranteed that 99% of the people won't completely understand what I just said or the actual elevated level of my sarcasm. I have zero tolerance policy on incompetence based on being f'ing lazy.

In terms of these orange county idiots - your first instinct was right. Now you sold your soul and you didn't get paid - double whammy. Learning experience. Next time don't do it. But ultimately these plastic people are so insanely unhappy with their pathetic materialistic lives just be happy knowing they will suffer their whole meaningless life and then die all alone because not one single one of them cares about humanity or decency or anything remotely related. You said it all - they NEVER interacted with their own kids. What parents don't care one iota about their kids? They all make me sick. What a waste of existence and our precious finite natural resources.

Chats: 204

Quote Originally Posted by Mudpuppy View Post
    Why is it that people with money do this? Some people say it's why they have money.
    I think part of it is also...a LOT of people on the "cusp" of being truly "rich"...they want to give off the perception that they are something more.

To you and I and most people on here...we'd be so happy to just have lets say $30,000 in our bank account...or a very large, nice house with affordable payments, or a brand new car...that we don't look at it the same way. Once people get on the cusp of "fame" or "fortune"...they aren't content with being the "poorest millionaire". It seems foreign to us...but I remember the following:

Growing up, I knew 2 "rich" familes. One was wealthy and owned like 13 McDonalds restaurants. Another was even wealthier and most of their money came from the oil business. When we'd go to their houses or out to dinner with them...same with most other families...it was no big deal. Just a fun night in a kinda fancy environment. But when both families were present...hosting the other family....everything got ratcheted up a notch...because they wanted to make sure that they were sending the message that we have more money, or you may have more money but we have more style, or whatever....it was this sort of "competition" between them. I'd have settled for having 1/15th what the poorest of them had....and I'd have been content. But that world of the rich and famous is a much different world.

I think these reality show stars...they aren't content with being wealthy, reality show, D-List celebrities. They want to be "B-List" celebrities. They want to be the most beautiful and most liked and throw the best parties. But many times, people like that may not have the wealth they are actually trying to portray. It sounds like this D-List celebrity wanted to throw a 3 million dollar party but probably coluld have only afforded a $30,000 party...over-extended...and now is doing the typical rich person shuffle where they try to stiff the little folks and justify it with the mindset that, "Well, that person should have been grateful they were even part of my world...that should be payment enough."

Mindless consumption and meaningless existence. It's pathetic really.

Entitlement is an illness.

Ringer

Bunny did you ever get paid?

Update: I went back and forth for a few days with the animal hospital girl that hired me. She kept wanting me to drive up there. I kept telling her to just mail the check and that I wasn't driving anywhere to meet her. She finally texted saying something about some paperwork. I told her to fax it. It was a typed statement saying that I had received full payment. (Along with a huge grammatical error "except" rather than "accept." How lame.) She actually had the nerve to ask me to fax it back and then she would mail the payment. I told her that I would sign it and return it just as soon as I actually received full payment!

I'd had enough of the games and wasting time. I turned it over to my collections department i.e. my husband. He went back and forth with her as well. Same s**t...come pick up a check. "No. Mail it." She offered $500. (So that's what all this bs back and forth is about-trying to stiff me.)

"Not acceptable" he replied. Then the girl texted something back about witnesses and price. My husband replied, "Good. They can be subpoenaed." "Really?" she quickly texted back. Then proceeded to have a little temper tantrum texting "someone like you doesn't know business" to my husband.

That was that. I'm done messing with you fools. Now my claws are out. You don't mess with my family!

I immediately went to the court's website and put together a demand letter giving the Real Deadbeats of OC 10 days to pay or I'd file a small claims lawsuit without further notice. How's that for business?

Before I mailed the letter I received a text from someone claiming to be a prospective client asking only how much did I charge per hour. I googled her number, it was some real estate chick from the ultra rich and douchey Corona Del Mar. Which is right next to Newport Coast. No one just texts me out of the blue. It was obviously them. And no one texts me asking that question. I've been the business since 2008. People want to talk about their beloved pets.

I mailed the letter a few days later on the 5th.

Check for full amount came via express mail on the 15th.
    Last edited by Bunny; 08-18-2014 at 07:31 PM.
    14's Deadly Aim, First Blood, HyRoad Pearl, Tropical Breeze, Rising Star, Maxim Spare

Quote Originally Posted by manke View Post
    Bunny did you ever get paid?
    Manke-I didn't see this until after I posted the update. Your timing is uncanny!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast