Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Almost saw my first League night fisti-cuffs!!

I bowl with rodney alot he is one of them low average bowlers who needs to learn how to bowl I think his book is about235. He actually threw his first 300 and 800 with my ball. Generally if I cant find a ball to work in my bag I will just grab one of his and vise versa

Quote Originally Posted by Shaneshu87 View Post
    and the worst part i see from it is one of those kids could fall in love with bowling and become the next WRWJ and now their parents will never take them bowling again, and my almost inaccurate prediction will never happen all because of a couple of **** heads lol i have see this too in alleys, but usually just when i'm practicing privately, so i have to play mr patient. i did see a kid get knocked out by a back swing once, he ran out just as his father pulled up his back swing and took that 16 pounds rock to the face, broke his nose and jaw. this is one of my biggest fears a parent with children that usually go bowling with me, they know my rules "sit on the bench till it's your turn, if you get up you lose your turn" unless of course a bathroom break is in order.
    That's always my biggest concern bowling next to kids whose parents let their children run all around the lanes. I've seen kids almost get hit with bowling balls on the back swing and another almost got hit when a casual bowler released the ball on a back swing. Its definitely not a safe place for kids to run around in.

I know, that scares the hell out of me. I always try to tell the parents without making a big issue out of it.

Chats: 0

But it's not just the little kids! Sometimes it's the high school girls shrieking and jumping up and down, or the frat boys belching beer clouds and trying to act all macho. And sometimes its mature adults who should know better. I've had the same complaint at school programs and graduations. the adults misbehave so that you can't hear what's going on. I almost got in a fist fight at my son's school music program, because the two entitled soccer moms behind me couldn't stop yakking about their fashion accessories while my son was singing a solo that I came to hear.

Hey Rv, those women should have known better, very poor!

I've never been seen any fisty cuffs at my center, although I remembered getting hassled by some little prick in the car park saying some crap at me after I bowled one Saturday night.. He had 4 or 5 bigger mates with him, all had been drinking handing around outside their cars, just waiting for some reaction.. Every part of my body, was itching to tell this little guy where to go, and to take it up further if needed.. not that I am the most aggressive man, just didn't want to take this guy's blatant cowardice..

I swallowed my pride went home, and woke up in the morning with no broken bones or missing teeth, however that little prick, will wake up the same morning, and realise, like most mornings, that he is a stupid a$$hole!!

I have only been in one fight in a bowling alley and it was at Boardwalk Bowl in Orlando when I was 18 and still lived in Florida. Waiting for lanes with a big group of friends when a big dude starts bad mouthing one of the girls in our group and then hit her with a full on punch to the face. I wasn't even thinking and don't remember much of what happened but apparently I came flying in out of nowhere with a flying punch to the guys face and then got swarmed by 3 of dudes friends and almost got stabbed. Came out of it with a cut over my eye and gash on my arm. The one with the knife got arrested for assault with a weapon and the big one got arrested for assault and also possession of a controlled substance methamphetamine and I got tossed out and banned from the place.

I really don't miss living in Central Florida though. In the 10+years I lived there I have been cut with a knife, almost stabbed multiple times (good thing I was quick at dodging), and had a gun pulled on me twice. Glad I moved to a nice quiet town to raise my family.

Yikes. Yeah good to get out of there especially with young kids.

I was eating my lunch when I read this - and taco bell at that. All I could picture is a child defecating on the lanes. Thanks for the visual Aslan. I refuse to bowl on any league anymore when they don't maintain the buffer. Our Tuesday league the whole house is leagues with a 2 lane buffer between Men and Women's leagues.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12