Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: League Bowler Disgruntled!!!

Chats: 0

Quote Originally Posted by bowl1820 View Post
    Welcome Hobbit!

League bowlers here can get a playpass and pay a monthly fee of $17 for unlimited open bowling M-F
    That's a heck of a deal!

That sounds like a raw deal man. The alley here where I bowl has a summer pass for league bowlers. $15 from May 23-September 1 and I get 3 games a day 7 days a week plus $1.25/game as a league bowler after my 3. Then after the summer pass is over it will be $1.25/game for practice.

Practice rate for summer league bowlers here is $1/game which I really really wish I could take more advantage of. I know a few people who are using it to practice who wouldn't otherwise be there, so it does help the alley bring in (some) business too. League rates for practice during regular season is something like $2.25... again, leads me to practice at that alley rather than one of the other ones around.

Personally I think alleys should do more for their dedicated league bowlers (similar to what mine does. I'm happy with their offerings!). They may take less profit up front but will make up for it in amount of business + snack bar/bar purchases as well as goodwill and dedicated customers.

I think centers should offer discounts for "frequent flyers," whether they're league bowlers or not.

Chats: 204

Well, I'm at wits end at this point.

I mean, when they increased the price from $2/game to $3/game on Mondays....I just decided to practice on Tuesday and Wednesday nights when they do the "all you can bowl cosmic bowl for $13" on those days. Figured it'd cost me an extra $2 a week but I'd get to practice 2 nights instead of 1.

Well, two straight nights of getting sandwiched between teenagers and having them run up the approach while I'm trying to practice. Yelling, loud music, general jackassery....it's just NOT the environment that is condusive to trying to practice and work on technique.

So, I'm going to see if there's interest in my current team in bowling again in the Fall...and see if they're open to switching centers. Either way, I'll meet with the league lady from the center and tell her regardless of what my team decides, I will not be bowling in leagues at this center if they cannot offer a $2 (or less per game) time to practice with the lights ON during the week, after 5PM.

I'll check with the other 3 centers between the office and home and see what their league benefits/practice times are and if this center can't match the other centers...I'm out...even if the rest of my team stays. I can't take much more of romper rooms on either side of me while I'm trying to work on targeting and spare conversion.
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Brunswick Endeavor; (: .) Radical Outer Limits Pearl; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    USBC#: 8259-59071; USBC Sanctioned Average = 186; Lifetime Average = 171;
    Ball Speed: 14.4mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

Can you ask for a lane away from other people when you practice or is the whole alley full?

Quote Originally Posted by mc_runner View Post
    Can you ask for a lane away from other people when you practice or is the whole alley full?
    We could always request which lane we wanted, but I guess if the house is full, that doesn't do much good. Only alternative is to bowl during the day on a lunch break or something.

Chats: 204

Quote Originally Posted by mc_runner View Post
    It's full. Sometimes there's a 20-minute wait to get a lane in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by rv driver View Post
    Only alternative is to bowl during the day on a lunch break or something.
    I work 45 minutes from the house I bowl leagues at.

The advantage of bowling at that house is it's 5-10 minutes from my house so I can practice or go there on weekends....whatever. If I choose a center closer to where I work, then I could practice and lunch or whatever, but if I'm home, I'm not driving an hour to go throw a few games at the center closer to the office.

Quote Originally Posted by Aslan View Post
    It's full. Sometimes there's a 20-minute wait to get a lane in the first place.

I work 45 minutes from the house I bowl leagues at.

The advantage of bowling at that house is it's 5-10 minutes from my house so I can practice or go there on weekends....whatever. If I choose a center closer to where I work, then I could practice and lunch or whatever, but if I'm home, I'm not driving an hour to go throw a few games at the center closer to the office.
    Solution: Move closer to the office...

Banned
    Chats: 68

Quote Originally Posted by rv driver View Post
    Solution: Move closer to the office...
    Or work closer to home.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast