Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Brunswick Corporation to Sell Retail Bowling Business to Bowlmor AMF

Chats: 304

Btw, that question was actually addressed to Joker, ;p but thanks for answering anyway. ;p
    My bowling balls include:
    Brunswick Brute Strength, Brunswick Mastermind Genius, DV8 Endless Nightmare, DV8 Diva, DV8 Diva Pearl, DV8 Marauder Mutiny, & Brunswick White Viz-A-Ball spare ball

Chats: 32

Quote Originally Posted by mike_thomas93 View Post
    Btw, that question was actually addressed to Joker, ;p but thanks for answering anyway. ;p
    Sorry about that I had not noticed jokers response I guess you got two for the price of one
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Chats: 304

It's all good. ;p
    My bowling balls include:
    Brunswick Brute Strength, Brunswick Mastermind Genius, DV8 Endless Nightmare, DV8 Diva, DV8 Diva Pearl, DV8 Marauder Mutiny, & Brunswick White Viz-A-Ball spare ball

With leagues and centers closing more and more this will have a trickle down effect. Less serious bowlers means less balls bought.

1. So, small ball companies will either go out of business or be bought by ebonite or somebody.
    2. Online ball retailers will also dwindle down some closing shop or selling to larger companies.
    3. Of course the physical pro shops will suffer as well.
    BowlingVids.com -- USBC Tennessee (2204-27181) California (222-32895)

IndexGenie.com -- In The Bag --> Roto Grip Wrecker - Roto Grip Hyper Cell - Storm Polar Ice Hybrid

Chats: 0

Quote Originally Posted by circlecity View Post
    With leagues and centers closing more and more this will have a trickle down effect. Less serious bowlers means less balls bought.

1. So, small ball companies will either go out of business or be bought by ebonite or somebody.
    2. Online ball retailers will also dwindle down some closing shop or selling to larger companies.
    3. Of course the physical pro shops will suffer as well.
    When I was a kid, we didn't have pro shops stocked with stuff. We had to order stuff out of a physical catalog and good luck finding a driller.

Quote Originally Posted by rv driver View Post
    When I was a kid, we didn't have pro shops stocked with stuff. We had to order stuff out of a physical catalog and good luck finding a driller.
    i remember those days from when i was a child, my grandfather would always have a catalog on his coffee table and always have to drive 2 hours to Indianapolis to get it drilled

Quote Originally Posted by Shaneshu87 View Post
    i remember those days from when i was a child, my grandfather would always have a catalog on his coffee table and always have to drive 2 hours to Indianapolis to get it drilled
    But somehow, we got what we needed. Not that I want to go back to that system. The fully-stocked pro shop and online store is a much better option.

Chats: 22

Quote Originally Posted by rv driver View Post
    When I was a kid, in the early 80s, my first ball was bought from and drilled at a KMart!
    "If a word in the dictionary were misspelled, how would we know?" - Steven Wright

Quote Originally Posted by panbanger View Post
    When I was a kid, in the early 80s, my first ball was bought from and drilled at a KMart!
    My first one was bought from and drilled at JC Penney.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678