Thread: Link of walking straight, swinging straight and ball goes right......

Chats: 0

Default Link of walking straight, swinging straight and ball goes right......

This is from the Kegel training center. Towards the end of the video you see Bill O'neal walking straight and swinging straight but his ball goes nicely to the right. This is what I am trying to get straight. This happens with Bill because some of the pros have what is called a tuck swing. That is when they swing straight but on the downswing the ball comes towards the body and ends up giving Bill and inside out swing. This makes the ball go to the right.

I guess if you are not a pro or cannot make the tuck swing work for you then you would have to walk straight or a little left and then with your shoulders open some while doing so swing your ball out to your target on the alley. I have a post about the tuck swing from Bowlers Journal by Bill Spigner.

So swinging straight or towards your target while walking straight is your call.

Bill O'Neal is around 11:15 of the video.
    Last edited by bowl1820; 07-21-2014 at 07:30 PM. Reason: added video linlk
    Arsenal: Raw Hammer Orange/Black Hybrid 14lbs, Blue Hammer urethane 14lbs, Columbia 300 Lava Ball Plastic 14lbs, Highest scratch series 710 Bowling 38 years Never hit that 300 game. Highest game 276, had 11 strikes and one spare in the middle of that game.

yep this has been baffling me to no end. it SEEMS that most pros do the walk straight/swing straight rather than toward target. mayb its the camera angle on tv and we don't see it.....if u hold any weighted object and place toward right, rather than straight in front of u when walking straight it would be harder/heavier......I watched kulick and she does place ball slightly to right while walking straight. Holman always did. mayb key is slightly to right/target........also how does this work when picking up corner pin spares? are u bak to walking toward target?

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
    This is from the Kegel training center. Towards the end of the video you see Bill O'neal walking straight and swinging straight but his ball goes nicely to the right. This is what I am trying to get straight. This happens with Bill because some of the pros have what is called a tuck swing. That is when they swing straight but on the downswing the ball comes towards the body and ends up giving Bill and inside out swing. This makes the ball go to the right.

I guess if you are not a pro or cannot make the tuck swing work for you then you would have to walk straight or a little left and then with your shoulders open some while doing so swing your ball out to your target on the alley. I have a post about the tuck swing from Bowlers Journal by Bill Spigner.

So swinging straight or towards your target while walking straight is your call.

Bill O'Neal is around 11:15 of the video.
    hate to beat a dead horse but it seems that if u have that inside out swing it helps u feed it to the right automatically. A lot of the pros do that when deep. I tried it and was all over the place.......others mentioned the method of opening ur shoulders, placing ball on a target line while walking straight to foul line....to me, ur ball is outside ur head, rather than under it as many coaches preach. I bowl tonite in a sport league and will a try a modification of both.

maybe what the heart of the matter is how can a guy who can play down and in comfortably all over the lane learn to do the same when sending ball left to right....conversely I know of inside players that if asked to go up 1st arrow they r in the ditch....remember reading somewhere of technique for down and in players to TILT the lane when playing inside....this helps but anything left of fourth arrow not feasible...
    Last edited by bowl1820; 07-23-2014 at 06:14 PM. Reason: removed outdated link reference

Chats: 32

Beagle I'm kind of in the same boat I rarely target outside of 7 or inside of the fourth arrow but that still leaves me 90% of the lane most people play. I can play the 5 but it takes a while for me to be confident out there. Maybe if I start playing sport shots I'll find a reasons to be there but on THS I'm just not sure I see the point.

Two weeks ago I was bowling next to one of the guys who work at the lanes where I bowl who had just gotten a new ball. He was lofting the gutters with it throwing over 6th arrow with it was finishing his shot standing in the approach of my lane. He asked me if I liked his new ball. I just looked at him and asked what lefties track was he trying to mess up.

I can't really think of a reason to be out there on THS. Might have felt different about it if he was scoring better but I had a higher series and he's a 200+ average guy.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone