Thread: Ftlob road to recovery scores

Default Ftlob road to recovery scores

I know we are not supposed to talk about health issues because we have a physical freak of nature super hero on the boards. But i have been out for the last 3 months due to sciatic nerve issues with my back. I have had only a few instances in the past where it affected me badly enough that i could not work or bowl. I went out today and threw some shots with a 12 pound ball to get the shoulder working again. That felt good so i threw 2 games and shot 207 and 203. The back felt pretty good so i'm hoping to be ready for late august when leagues start up again. I'm so pumped to be back!!

Chats: 32

Glad to hear your back throwing my wife has had surgery on her back due to sciatica problems so I've seen how painful that can be.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Thanks man. Good luck to your wife, i hope she has a speedy recovery.

I went out again yesterday, i wanted to wait a week and not go overboard and screw myself up again. I bowled 4 games this time and shot 229,158,257,192 for a 209 average. I was pretty happy about that average but the consistency as you can see was horrible. I only had 1 non split spare miss ( a 10 pin ) but left quite a few splits. I was clean the first game, had 4 splits the second game, clean the third game, and had a brutally ugly game the 4th with 7 strikes and 3 splits. I usually don't leave alot of splits on a house shot so hopefully it is just because i'm rusty with repeating shots. Anyway, there are still a few twinges but i'm feeling pretty confident in my back now. I know one thing, i have got to sit more and rest while bowling.

Chats: 32

Not bad scores after a layoff of course I'd take those score most days glad your back is feeling better
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Thanks, i just like to be a little more consistent with my games.

I went out today and bowled 5 games and did pretty well. A little soreness in the back but i think i'm about 75% now. League starts in a couple weeks and i should be in good shape at that point. Glad to be back!