Thread: Wrecker vs Uproar

Default Wrecker vs Uproar

Looking for a ball to compliment my fusion thats for medium to drier lanes. Debating between the two or something like the lights out or punch out. Any recommendations?

Chats: 32

Joker if your looking for a step down from your Fusion I would suggest the Wrecker. I have friends that have both and the wreckers a little less skid snap than the Uproar is closer to the fusion in my opinion. If your looking for a dry lane ball neither of these are a good choice unless your a power guy both of these balls are stronger than advertised.

The guy that owns the pro shop I get my stuff from has about ten balls anytime I see him throw anything else before three games is up he has one go where he doesn't want and it's d*** I should've been throwing the Wrecker.

As a smaller step down you might want to consider the hyroad from the Fusion if it's just a little too much
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Chats: 221

Thew Uproar is a TON more ball than advertised. The Wrecker would be my choice. Or wait and get the Outcry when it comes out the end of August

Blog Entries
    Chats: 2643

Default What's all the Uproar???

Quote Originally Posted by Stormed1 View Post
    Thew Uproar is a TON more ball than advertised. The Wrecker would be my choice. Or wait and get the Outcry when it comes out the end of August
    YES IT is Stormed1! My wife's new ball is the Uproar, and it does have a wicked move to the pocket for her! She compared it to her Fire Road!
    On those wood lanes last Saturday, her first 3 throws, without even warming up was 3 strikes... pocket hits!! She loves the ball, and Bruce of BP Pro Shop recommended the ball for her
    Don't walk on Thin Ice!

Chats: 256

Agreed. The Uproar isn't a light oil ball for certain. Have not been able to throw that too much on a house shot yet other than practice and have to get it deep to keep it from crossing over. Makes a very sharp move to the pocket once it encounters the friction.
    High Sanctioned Scratch Game - 300(12) Hi Sanctioned Scratch Series - 822(3)
    2016/17 Book Average=221, 2017/18 Composite Average=223
    Equipment in the bag - Storm Crux Prime, Storm Physix, Roto Grip Idol, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused, Storm Sure Lock, Storm Drive, Roto Grip Winner Solid, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Fever Pitch, Roto Grip Red ball spare.

Rev Rate 400. Speed 18 at heads, 16.5-17 at pins. Axis tilt 10, Axis Rotation 55. PAP 5 5/8 x 5/8 up

I have a wrecker and it has more snap than my hyper cell. It's more aggressive than I thought it would be.
    BowlingVids.com -- USBC Tennessee (2204-27181) California (222-32895)

IndexGenie.com -- In The Bag --> Roto Grip Wrecker - Roto Grip Hyper Cell - Storm Polar Ice Hybrid

I would have that the hyper cell is more aggressive with overall hook rather than snappy

Chats: 0

Yeah, I watched Wes Malott throw that ball in the 2014 Tournament. It's monster in his hands.