Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread: Novel Concept/Idea: The Bowling ball does not matter??

Blog Entries
    Chats: 2643

Default Drilling does matter

As Iceman mentioned drilling DOES MAKE a Difference:http://www.bowlingboards.com/threads...s-Radical-Guru

very interesting laneside review! this explains why my two Deadly Aims react so differently, with the same surface.
    Don't walk on Thin Ice!

Chats: 204

Quote Originally Posted by MICHAEL View Post
    As Iceman mentioned drilling DOES MAKE a Difference:http://www.bowlingboards.com/threads...s-Radical-Guru

very interesting laneside review! this explains why my two Deadly Aims react so differently, with the same surface.
    Yes Iceman…we are fully aware that in Radical's marketing video they somehow manage to show that the Guru is the best ball ever made. You should get one. I'm sure it'll be an automatic 800 series. There's also a very informative USBC video that shows the affects of surface changes on balls. Good stuff.

But…my video is an honest, non-marketing look at a REAL bowler (not a robot). It is clear and plain as day evidence to the contrary regarding drilling. AGAIN…you're more than welcome to make your own video of you and your Deadly Aims that show the massively different reaction you are seeing.
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Brunswick Endeavor; (: .) Radical Outer Limits Pearl; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    USBC#: 8259-59071; USBC Sanctioned Average = 175; Lifetime Average = 171;
    Ball Speed: 14.7mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Aslan View Post
    Yes Iceman…we are fully aware that in Radical's marketing video they somehow manage to show that the Guru is the best ball ever made. You should get one. I'm sure it'll be an automatic 800 series. There's also a very informative USBC video that shows the affects of surface changes on balls. Good stuff.

But…my video is an honest, non-marketing look at a REAL bowler (not a robot). It is clear and plain as day evidence to the contrary regarding drilling. AGAIN…you're more than welcome to make your own video of you and your Deadly Aims that show the massively different reaction you are seeing.
    To make a JUDGMENT based on your bowling skills is JUST WRONG! No conclusions can be drawn with your video! It did not demonstrate the fundamental use of the scientific method, in any WAY, SHAPE or FORM! It was just you missing your mark most of the time, and trying to make observations on what a ball will do! LOL,, Wow!!

My point is, and it valid, "HOW you drill a ball does make a difference, as does surface, for MOST OF US! Your special!! (

The video I posted was just back up to what I have found that: "Two like balls, will react differently if pin up or down, and their position does effect the balls movement.
    Does surface changes make a difference too... daaaaaaaa,,,, YES.... lol,,, but drilling does make a difference also!!! Take it to the BANK!

I need to show you the huge difference in my two Deadly Aims, I will do that some time in the near future!

YES my friend, your video was an honest ATTEMPT!! Key word Attempt

]

Sunday, Dear Diary today I watch Aslan's Scientific Method of proving bowling ball dynamics! It was an honest attempt, I am sure,,,, but?? .....
    Last edited by MICHAEL; 11-16-2014 at 05:02 PM.
    Don't walk on Thin Ice!

1) The shots I used, for the most part were +/- 1 board…so the "not hitting my mark" argument is silly. I even slowed them down for the elderly folks like yourself so you can see the ball actually going over the EXACT board…and making a move at the EXACT spot. What else can I do??

2) Your understanding of the scientific method = your understanding of how to spell "lesson". I made a hypothesis, tested the null hypothesis, and the data showed what the data showed. YOU on the other hand…simply think that drilling makes a difference…and you "claim" to notice a difference…yet you have no proof of such a thing…just your "perceptions".

It's a closed topic at this point. The video has been made…no difference was noted at the given rev rate for the given drillings for the given bowling balls. Experiment concluded. Iceman's dreams or visions or imagination aside…the data IS what the data IS. And no…it wasn't comparing shots that varied monumentally…like I said…maybe 1 board. And I've seen Iceman bowl…his ability to hit the same EXACT board every time…lets just say "questionable".

In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Brunswick Endeavor; (: .) Radical Outer Limits Pearl; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    Ball Speed: 14.7mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

Blog Entries

1) The shots I used, for the most part were +/- 1 board…so the "not hitting my mark" argument is silly. I even slowed them down for the elderly folks like yourself so you can see the ball actually going over the EXACT board…and making a move at the EXACT spot. What else can I do??

2) Your understanding of the scientific method = your understanding of how to spell "lesson". I made a hypothesis, tested the null hypothesis, and the data showed what the data showed. YOU on the other hand…simply think that drilling makes a difference…and you "claim" to notice a difference…yet you have no proof of such a thing…just your "perceptions".

It's a closed topic at this point. The video has been made…no difference was noted at the given rev rate for the given drillings for the given bowling balls. Experiment concluded. Iceman's dreams or visions or imagination aside…the data IS what the data IS. And no…it wasn't comparing shots that varied monumentally…like I said…maybe 1 board. And I've seen Iceman bowl…his ability to hit the same EXACT board every time…lets just say "questionable".

well lets see Hawk Eye!! I had a 741, several 200 plus games here lately posted the 741 picture a few weeks ago,, had a 693 on the seniors league last week,,, High series and game on a couple leagues... averages just over 200 now... be hitting my marks better then YOU my 40 year old friend LOL Almost a few 300 last week and the week before...

Iceman thinks, therefore its True! In your case you TRY, but???
    yes that 280 was almost another 300! ([
    Last edited by MICHAEL; 11-16-2014 at 09:24 PM.
    Don't walk on Thin Ice!

Blog Entries

If Iceman is missing his mark, how do you explain the recent scores Einstein!!

All recent scores,,, what you saw in California, During the tournament was a Tired Old Man, who traveled 1500 miles on a motorcycle with his wife, and pulling a
    trailer, kick you ASK,, by over 100 pins, and who had a 210 average when all games were averaged! NOT BAD, considering the miles I put in!!

Like I said, your test didn't prove anything other then how balls react to YOU, and your,,,,,,YOUR,,,,,,,, style, or lack of style bowing! I would think even Mike White would say scientifically your test proved nothing other then you need to get your game up, before you come out to Plattsburg... I will EAT YOU UP, and Down one Side and the OTHRER! I am bowling at a NEW level now my friend!

ITs was fun watching your video, and it must have been a lot of hard work! But Drilling does make a difference! (it just doesn't with you?) your an anomaly! YOUR Special!!
    Last edited by MICHAEL; 11-16-2014 at 09:39 PM.
    Don't walk on Thin Ice!

blah blah blah blah….Iceman is the greatest…blah blah….here's some of his high scores….

And what does this have to do with an experiment that shows how drilling has a noticeable effect on ball reaction?? You guessed it. As much as THIS proves rabbits are sexy.

I'll wait for the video.

I mean, think of it…

Aslan vs. Iceman Challenge:

Aslan: 5th
    Iceman: 4th

Games Won:
    Aslan: 0
    Iceman: 0

Doubles Match Winner:
    Aslan

Sooo…in actual competition…on the same lanes…mono a mono…Aslan has ONE victory and Iceman has NO victories!!! The 300-game, 240s-260s dominator!…EVEN when paired up with the young, strapping Mudpppy and his left-handed magic shot….STILL…ZERO victories!

But ya know what Ice…I won't count the doubles match. Why? Because I didn't want to do it to begin with. We'll call it EVEN. I have zero victories and Ice has zero victories. I wonder how I got the same number of victories missing all those boards?? Interesting.

Oh wait. He HAD to ride a motorcycle across country. Well, he didn't HAVE to. He just chose to. Probably to have a built in excuse in the event of a loss.

Don't worry Ice. Soon, the CHAMPION…TRUE CHAMPION…Rob M…the only person who actually WON A MATCH...will figure out a date/location for the Official Aslan vs. Iceman Challenge II and I'm sure next time…things will go differently.

In the meantime…will I fly to Plattsbury or Plunketville or Portsmouth Missouri to prove what is pretty much a given…that I am dominant on wood lanes and will obliterate the competition?? Maybe. Seems like a waste of time to prove what I already know. But we'll see. Gotta check my social calendar.

Banned
    Chats: 68

Believe me…had I not edited it and sped up parts…you'd have fell asleep more.

Revs = spin depending on how you think about it. It's the difference between axis rotation and axis tilt. The early shots seemed to be spinning completely right to left (axis rotation). The shots at the end seemed to be rotating more in the direction of travel (axis tilt).

The only observations I made was:
    1) The two balls with the same surface behaved the same.
    2) The two balls with different surfaces essentially behaved the same except the surfaced ball seemed to move sooner.

Are you saying those two things are not correct?

Now, where I definitely agree with you is that I need to work on my observation skills. I am still struggling at seeing when the ball first starts to change from skid to hook and then from hook to roll. I still struggle at reading how the ball goes through the pin deck. And I can't see when the ball "burns out".

Still lots of things to learn in this, Year TWO…of my bowling journey.
    Looking just at the 12:00 to 18:00 range, your ability to hit your target, for lack of a better word..... SUCKED.

On those few occasions where the ball hit approximately 9 board, your ball made a reasonable move towards the pocket.

At the end of that range 17:00 to 18:00 you are comparing the two balls playing an "inside" line.

With the aggressive ball, you hit about 18 board, and skidded all the way to the pins, getting lucky to kick the 10 out.

Then you tried again with the less aggressive ball, and hit about 15 board, the difference in angle allowed the ball to get outside the oil before the end of the pattern. The ball attempted to hook back due to the extra friction outside, but it "burned out". It managed to barely hit the head pin, leaving the 2-8-10 split.

Somehow you observed that and concluded that the less aggressive ball acted more aggressive since it made it back to the "pocket".

I think that was one place I rolled my eyes so far, I went into a coma.

Banned
    Chats: 68

It is not evidence to the contrary regarding drilling.

If anything, it is evidence that you're going to need either an optometrist, or a psychiatrist before you will ever be able to read ball reaction.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast