Thread: DV8 Diva Pearl, Misfit Red Orange, and Zombie Spare

Default DV8 Diva Pearl, Misfit Red Orange, and Zombie Spare

Hey everyone I love my DV8 gear! Seriously I have been bowling for a little over a year now and have thrown a number of balls but DV8 Has given me the best reactions. When I picked them up back in March 2014 I was making the move from #13 DV8 Misfit Orange/Blue up to #14 gear. I picked up a #14 Diva Pearl, #14 Misfit Red/Orange, and a #14 Zombie spare.

First lets talk about the Diva Pearl. I am a pretty big guy and the reactions I get pulling out this bright pink ball when open bowling are priceless. The Diva Pearl has quickly become my favorite ball giving me my high game 242, high series 589, and given me the ability to raise my average 30 pins. Of course it isn't all the ball since I have been practicing and improving my skills but the reaction and ease in which I can attack all kinds of conditions has made it a lot easier for me learning the game. On light oil conditions I can move left as a right hander and shoot across the lane or on heavier oil conditions I can move right and play down and in and not have to change balls. It has a very controllable and predictable hook and is the first ball out of my bag every time I show up to league or a tournament.

Next let's talk about the Misfit Red/Orange. The misfit has seen so many different iterations it seems it is hard to figure out what is what. I personally have thrown the Orange/Blue, Red/Orange, and yellow pearl and love them all but the Red/Orange has been my favorite. As a light oil ball it is still very controllable on medium oil conditions and allows for a wide variety of uses as the lanes break down. I rarely have need to get it out but when I do it doesn't disappoint.

Finally the DV8 Zombie Spare. I mean what can I say it is a polyester spare ball and there are so many to choose from but as a DV8 fan it was a "no brainer", get it? Zomies, brains, etc. LOL ... However this was my first spare ball and wow I went from leaving a single 10 pin 80% of the time to actually picking it up 90% of the time so it was a great investment for me.

I am looking forward to getting my hands on a Rude Dude and Schizo next!

1797453_743164069035169_1730620241_n.jpg

Chats: 32

My wife likes the look of the diva and I do too. Wouldn't bother me to throw a pink ball. I don't see much DV8 stuff at our lanes. A few marauders and one guy throwing the mutiny. Glad it's working well for you.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Quote Originally Posted by Amyers View Post
    My wife likes the look of the diva and I do too. Wouldn't bother me to throw a pink ball. I don't see much DV8 stuff at our lanes. A few marauders and one guy throwing the mutiny. Glad it's working well for you.
    Thanks there are actually 4 Diva Pearls being thrown in my Tuesday night league, 3 in my sons youth league, and a number of others throwing it back in my fall league. A whole lot of Ruckus Fueds, endless nightmares, Misfits, and marauders at my lanes too. The PSO is a big DV8 fan so he tends to keep a lot of them in stock.