Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Team shirts during league?!?

Question Team shirts during league?!?

Does anyone really wear team shirts during league bowling?

It has been a few long years since my last league and I have a group of new and beginner bowlers willing to join a league with me in the fall. Anyway one of my soon to be teammates asked me if we were going to get shirts with a team name on them. At first I laughed but then I really thought about there question, and I had no answer.

So what are some of your opinions? Team shirts, no team shirts?

Chats: 204

It'd be a nice idea. But these days most people are too lazy to even comb their hair before league night much less put on a team shirt.

Blog Entries
    Chats: 2643

Default What ever...

If the team votes to have shirts,,,, go for it! Just make sure they are REAL COOL!!! The dorker they look the better IMHA!! LOL
    I like them old shirts with the cigarette holding pocket, and the name on the opposite side.... I can see it now....(if I had a bowling shirt which I don't), ICEMAN!
    Don't walk on Thin Ice!

I am a fairly new bowler who just started last year and made shirts for my team as Christmas gifts. Everyone loved them and a few other teams were interested in having me design a logo for them. Already drew up a logo for my doubles fall league for me and my buddy.

Here is my shirt design I drew for my team last year.

Chats: 221

In my Friday Mens Senior money league probably 35 out of the 40 teams have new team shirts every other year.

Chats: 0

Team shirts are awesome. Comfort is key. My team uses collared PGA golf shirts with logos.

Also, we have a fine, if anyone is not wearing it. Fines can build up! Parties ensue!
    Hammer Purple Urethane. Storm Surge Hybrid, Storm Pitch Purple, Roto Grip Hyper Cell.
    2 Storm Surge Pearl 4x4x2 and a no flare, ,Roto Grip Hot Cell, Roto Grip Haywire.
    2020/2021, Hi Average 219, Hi Game 289, Hi Series 771, 30 Clean 4, 700 Series 16.
    2021/2022, Hi Average 211, Hi Game 256 Hi Series 693, 30 Clean 0, 700 Series 0.
    Proud member of Bowlingboards.com Since 2013.

Chats: 32

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksox1 View Post
    Team shirts are awesome. Comfort is key. My team uses collared PGA golf shirts with logos.

Also, we have a fine, if anyone is not wearing it. Fines can build up! Parties ensue!
    None of three leagues I bowl have team shirts but I think it would be cool if we did as long as they were confortable. Of course I think the bowling jerseys the ball manufactures make a pretty cool too but I don't have the guts to wear them because no one else does.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Quote Originally Posted by jnv32185 View Post
    So what are some of your opinions? Team shirts, no team shirts?
    Team shirts are nice to have, several teams here have them and several times over the years my team has had them.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

One of my leagues is sponsored by a car lot cause all the other members of the team work there and the company pays over half of the league so we wear team shirts
    USBC #9327-540
    In the Bag:
    Storm IQ Tour Fusion, Brunswick Mastermind Genisu, Roto Grip Asylum and Ebonite Maxim
    Final Book Averages for Fall:192 Current averages in Summer: PBA 182, Tuesday 202, Thursday 205

i always have shirts! and i never give my team a choice perks of being captain lol some people may have an issue so a vote would be fine, but i bowl with friends who know how i am, one year we went as far as making team hats
    "watching pros throw countless strikes in a you tube video, is like watching
    super models in bikini's eating cheeseburgers on the hood of a pickup. sex sells"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast