Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New member in Arizona

Chats: 0

Default New member in Arizona

Hello everyone!

I just joined a non-sanctioned league last week and I'm looking to get serious about the game. I've only used house balls and I'm a straight shooter, because that is what I'm used to. I just purchased a used Teal Rhino Pro, but I am trying to find out if that is a good ball for a beginner learning how to hook to use or if I should re-sell that ball and buy a new one. I posted a new thread, so I should find out some opinions on that shortly.

I joined the forums to ask questions about ball recommendations and to also get some tips on improving my game. I look forward to hearing what you all have to say and to learn from others more experienced than myself.

Thanks

Welcome to the site! I would probably start with a newer mid range type of ball. Go to a pro shop in one of the bowling centers and have them fit you and recommend a ball. Bowlers advantage or bowling dynamics are two pro shop chains in your area that are very good.

Quote Originally Posted by fortheloveofbowling View Post
    Welcome to the site! I would probably start with a newer mid range type of ball. Go to a pro shop in one of the bowling centers and have them fit you and recommend a ball. Bowlers advantage or bowling dynamics are two pro shop chains in your area that are very good.
    Thanks for the advice! I am going to go down to the Advantage Bowling pro shop later this afternoon to check out some of their balls. I looked on their website and they have some really good prices and include free drilling.

I took your advice and went down to Advantage Bowling and ended up purchasing a Roto Grip Shout.
    Last edited by Baller; 08-02-2014 at 02:47 AM.

Chats: 32

Quote Originally Posted by Baller View Post
    Hello everyone!

I just joined a non-sanctioned league last week and I'm looking to get serious about the game. I've only used house balls and I'm a straight shooter, because that is what I'm used to. I just purchased a used Teal Rhino Pro, but I am trying to find out if that is a good ball for a beginner learning how to hook to use or if I should re-sell that ball and buy a new one. I posted a new thread, so I should find out some opinions on that shortly.

I joined the forums to ask questions about ball recommendations and to also get some tips on improving my game. I look forward to hearing what you all have to say and to learn from others more experienced than myself.

Thanks
    You might want to put that teal rhino pro up on bowlingball.com or eBay some guys will pay decent money for them. That one seems to have some cult following.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Quote Originally Posted by Amyers View Post
    You might want to put that teal rhino pro up on bowlingball.com or eBay some guys will pay decent money for them. That one seems to have some cult following.
    I just saw one sell today on eBay for $46 plus $20 for shipping. I just put mine up for listing on eBay as well. Hopefully I'll get a buyer and then I can use that money to buy some actual bowling shoes, instead of renting them.

Chats: 32

Shoes are important and they last a while buy decent ones you don't have to get the most expensive but at least get ones with a dedicated sliding sole.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Hey Baller I have posted on a couple of your threads already but just wanted say welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Amyers View Post
    Shoes are important and they last a while buy decent ones you don't have to get the most expensive but at least get ones with a dedicated sliding sole.
    I completely agree with this ... Shoes can make a huge difference in your ability to have balance at the line as well as have a huge effect on your game simply by being comfortable and not being distracted by uncomfortable shoes. My first pair was the cheapest I could find and honestly weren't all that comfortable. My second and current pair are Brunswick Warriors that I find very comfortable but did have to add a slide pad to the bottom after a few months to get a good feel sliding. My next investment will be Dexter SST 8 shoes which are more expensive than a lot of bowling balls on the market but well worth the cost if you really get to the point of wanting to be a serious bowler.

So in the end as Amyers said you don't have to get the most expensive shoes on the market but definitely invest in some quality shoes.

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Welcome to the bowlers site!!

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

I've posted some on your threads, too, but also wanted to say "welcome" here!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast