Thread: Roto Grip UpRoar review

Default Roto Grip UpRoar review

Type of bowler: Tweener
    Avg Speed: 17.5
    Rev Rate: 375-400
    PAP: 5 x ¾ up
    Layout: 65 x 5 1/4 x 38

Drilled this ball looking for something that would get down the lane and be tame. Figured the UpRoar would be that type of ball. Layout is designed to give me some of that for my roll and what’s worked for me.

Ball does this well with a few hiccups.

40 ft house pattern – The surface is wood so the friction is high and scores are high. The ball allows me to stay closer to the track area on the fresh which is good. Doesn’t overread the backends early in the day. Issues come when the friction gets really high and the ball over reads the end of the pattern.

Kegel Autobahn – 42 ft pattern with a 2.5 to 1 ratio. Ball was not useful on the fresh but towards the end of the day allowed me to stay in the track area. Really sensitive in the oil regardless of angle.

Nationals doubles/singles pattern – Was very useful during the middle games. Didn’t over read once the pattern set in until very late.

My only issues is that when it gets very dry or very oily down lane the ball reads very sensitive. Other than that, a very good piece of equipment and would fit both high and low rev players.

Darrell Lovell
    staffer, www.bowlerx.com

Chats: 0

I think it was Malott who used this ball in the Tournament the last go-round. The way he throws it, it's remarkable.