Storm Optimus
PAP-5 over and ½ up
Ball Speed: 15-17mph
Rev Rate: 300-500
Right Handed
Layout: 4 1/4 from PAP
Surface Preparation: OTB

Bowling Hand Right Handed
Experience Advanced (I have bowled in a league and PBA)
League Average 220
Ball Speed Medium
Style Cranker

What I wanted from this ball: I wanted a pearl to replace my Marvel Pearl but be stronger off the break point

Result: Exactly what I expected from this ball. A pearl that clears the front part of the lane well and responds great off the breakpoint.

Compared to the Marvel Pearl, I was able to stand much farther left and send the Optimus farther right. I did find out that this ball seems to store its energy very well and gives me a very predictable snap off of the break point.

I tested this ball on the house pattern that we use at SuperBowl, the new center located in Metropolis Illinois where my pro shop is also located. Our shot is a modified top hat with heavy midlane oil and a graduated decrease towards the gutter. 41ft from 10-10 boards.

The first set of games on a freshly oiled pair, I quickly found out that I could play around 15 and send the Optimus to the one board with a guarantee of recovery with a strong backend reaction. I had a really awesome carry as well and a very predictable midlane reaction without having any over-skid at all. I eventually moved deeper and deeper and even tightened up my line a bit over the next several games. I found that I got the same reaction as long as I stayed in the heavier portion of the lane and sent it to the dry. After several games, I did get a slight roll-out which I expected.

To sum this ball up, I am very pleased with it! It does exactly what I expected and honestly a bit more. The Tri-Sphere core really made this ball one mean piece of equipment. This ball will be a definate choice to have with me at all times for heavier oil shots.

Pro Shop Reaction: Fantastic!!!! The look of the ball is awesome as well. My customers couldnt wait to throw this and know they are exicited to be able too. No disappointed bowlers so far. I have drilled up most of them strong and no complaints!

Recommendations: I would definitely recommend this ball for heavier oil pattern or for someone with a lower rev rate to get good backend reaction.

Storm/Roto Grip Staff
Sean Baker
Bowl Like a Pro Shop
1107 E. 8th Street
Metropolis, Illinois 62960