Storm Pitch Black
PAP-5 over and ½ up
Ball Speed: 15-17mph
Rev Rate: 300-500
Right Handed
Layout: 4x4x2
Surface Preparation: OTB

Bowling Hand Right Handed
Experience Advanced (I have bowled in a league and PBA)
League Average 220
Ball Speed Medium
Style Cranker

What I wanted from this ball: A strong urethane ball that will read the lane well without at big over under reaction and still hit hard where past urethane balls do not for me.

Result: A ball that I had to move right with of course, but I actually had a few boards room that I havent had in the past with most urethane balls.

I tested this ball on the house pattern that we use at SuperBowl, the new center located in Metropolis Illinois where my pro shop is also located. Our shot is a modified top hat with heavy midlane oil and a graduated decrease towards the gutter. 41ft from 10-10 boards. I started far right playing right up the 5 board. I was able to stay in this area for about 7-8 games without a drastic move. I expected this since this ball is urethane. I found that the Pitch Black rolled well off of the outside for me, but didnt carry when I sent it a board or two right, but did recover pretty well which I didnt expect. Over the course of 10-12 more games, I made a move left with my feet and continued to play around the 5 board. When I tried to move deeper and slow up, the pitch black made it to the pocket but didnt hit strong. I ended up moving back right and throwing harder.

To sum this ball up, it is a great urethane ball and probably the best urethane I have thrown in years. I havent seen a urethane hit the pocket this hard in a long time. Bowlers must remember that this is urethane however and it will act like urethane. Overall, its a great ball for dryer conditions and I will take it with me for the just in case shot when the lanes are hooking alot or boned up.

Pro Shop Reaction: 50/50 on the sales end of the shop. Lots of high rev bowlers wanting this ball for the burned up condition and the hitting power, but not alot of excitement from the average bowler as expected.

Recommendations: I would say to use this ball on a dryer pattern and dont purchase it expecting a big hooking ball of course. I think it is a must have for storm fans though. This urethane ball hits like a truck when it hits the pocket unlike other urethane balls I have thrown in the past.

Storm/Roto Grip Staff
Sean Baker
Bowl Like a Pro Shop
1107 E. 8th Street
Metropolis, Illinois 62960