Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Project Vehicle

Well Tuesday I had new tires put on it since 3 of the 4 were under 30% tread and one of those 3 was a different size tire completely.

Had a good day riding around and then bowled that night in the last series of the summer. Wednesday drove over to my buddies house hung out for a while then went to my wife's work to have lunch with her. When I left the truck just died on me in the middle of turning out of her office parking lot. Pushed it into caged warehouse area and after checking it out took the battery and alternator off to get it checked. Well they were both good and storms were rolling in so left it over night. This morning I tried to jump it at the starter with no luck so I pulled the starter and checked it by trying to jump it straight off the battery and no luck. Ok got to be the starter take it to AutoZone for a check and what do you know it is good too so WTF? Go back and start tracing wires and checking fuses even pulled the starter wires all the way up to the top of the engine and hooked the starter up laying on the engine but still no juice. I am about at my wits end checking wires and connections and can't find anything and decide to say F it for the day since I had been outside working on it all morning with my buddy Axel. I tell my buddy let's give it one more try and tug on a few wires joking around and it starts turning ... Put it all back together and it turns over and cranks perfect. My truck trolled me today ...

Chats: 0

Man, vehicles can be a pain in the butt. At least you have enough knowledge to do the trouble shooting yourself. Just think if you had to take it straight to a shop? You could've been hosed. Glad to hear she's running.
    Avg: 215
    HG: 300
    HS: 822
    Don't be afraid to move! I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12