The Punch Out is the latest pearl ball in the Hot Line from Storm, The Bowlers Company. The Punch Out has the proven Turbine core wrapped with the R2S pearl cover. The Punch Out is white/charcoal in color and smells like blackberries. The 15lb ball has an Rg of 2.55 with a differential of 0.038. This cover and core combo, offers a generous amount of recovery on the backend of the lane compared to other balls in this price point.
The Punch Out is all about saving energy and change of direction. The comp ball for this Punch Out will be an identically drilled Freak’n Frantic. Both balls have the same cover, and the Punch Out is basically the replacement in the lineup for the Freak’n Frantic. Both balls are drilled 5x5x2. The Punch Out gets down lane a little straighter than what the Freak’n Frantic does. Since the Freak’n Frantic has a lower Rg and higher differential, I need to add a little more head belly to the ball in order to keep it in the pocket. I can basically stand at the same spot with the two balls, but move my eyes in deeper for the Punch Out, and it will still push out to the same break point. This makes the Punch out more beneficial for me when there is a little less oil in the heads, and I need the weight block to roll to the spot easier without it hooking too early. The Punch Out is “snappier” on the backend, allowing for a change in entry angle that helps my carry percentage as I migrate further in on the lane.
I like the Punch Out. It will have its place in my arsenal as a very moderate step down from my Freak’n Frantic, and a slight step up from my Roto Grip Uproar. This is a good bowling ball for the price point. The cover and core has been proven in years past, and compliments the Wipe Out and Light’s Out perfectly. Between these three balls alone, the average league bowler could have a near complete arsenal, at a very handsome price point that will cover most average house conditions. Stop by your local Storm VIP pro shop and ask for a Punch out today!