The Wipe Out is the Solid covered ball released in the Hot line of balls from Storm. It features the R2S solid cover finished with a 3000 pad; is Green and Navy in color with a Spearmint scent, and uses the proven Turbine core. In 15 pound balls, the Wipe Out has an Rg of 2.55 and a differential of 0.038.
I drilled the Wipe Out with a 4x5x2.5 layout. I have used the Wipe Out with the factory finish as well as polished with Storm step #1. The Wipe Out can be a ball with a lot of board coverage, for a smaller price tag. Any bowler coming into the pro shop wanting “bargain hook”, this ball is the answer.
The Wipe Out can be a very good league ball, and just all around good benchmark piece. I believe that a benchmark ball is one that allows for balls under it, and ones over it. The Wipe Out fills this, in the current Storm line-up.
The Wipe Out covered a lot of boards for me in the box condition. It allowed me to chase the oil line of a 41 foot sport shot in a local tournament, as the lane broke down. For me, the box finish made the ball a bit too strong for how I wanted it to fit in my arsenal. I polished it with Storm step #1, and have a very usable, controllable piece for most of the leagues that I bowl in. In its polished state, the Wipe Out fits below a similarly drilled Disturbed, and just earlier and smoother than my Lights Out. This is a great ball for the price point.
I can see the Wipe Out being used on a variety of medium patterns. With the ability to change the cover, and have a good reaction no matter what surface you use on the ball, the Wipe Out can be a great ball for any style of player. This is a more arching reaction, so those wishing to see a really strong, angular change of direction, should look closer at the Punch Out or Light’s Out.