Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: suggestions for a ball for my wife

SandBagger
    Chats: 0

Default suggestions for a ball for my wife

basically what the title says. I wanting to get my wife a new ball for christmas. just going to save up for it. not wanting to go over $170 drilled (my driller charges 40 to 60 to drill a ball that does not come from him).

her style: tweener
    her speed: 12mph
    approach: none, walks up and plants.
    rev:very low
    ball: maxim 10lbs
    avg: 105
    high game: 175
    what every I get have purple, main color.

I have been looking on every site trying to get ideas just stumped, thinking about something in the storm tropical breeze.

Chats: 32

I got my wife the tropical breeze and she really likes it. The motive ascents are nice balls too.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

just get her a viz-a-ball and scuff it up, you can get just about any color out there, and with her speed she would still get movement out of this ball.
    "watching pros throw countless strikes in a you tube video, is like watching
    super models in bikini's eating cheeseburgers on the hood of a pickup. sex sells"

Quote Originally Posted by coreyds012778 View Post
    basically what the title says. I wanting to get my wife a new ball for christmas. just going to save up for it. not wanting to go over $170 drilled (my driller charges 40 to 60 to drill a ball that does not come from him).

her style: tweener
    her speed: 12mph
    approach: none, walks up and plants.
    rev:very low
    ball: maxim 10lbs
    avg: 105
    high game: 175
    what every I get have purple, main color.

I have been looking on every site trying to get ideas just stumped, thinking about something in the storm tropical breeze.

If it has to be purple that really helps narrow things down. She's probably not a tweener though. And that's ok. Straighter is better!

These are pretty much the choices in purple for her level available in 10lbs...

Ebonite Maxim. Entry level plastic ball. Ok ball. I use one for my spare ball.
    http://www.ebonite.com/products/ball...e-royal-silver

Another Maxim with purple.
    http://www.ebonite.com/products/ball...ck-purple-gold

Storm Mix. Entry level. A step up from the Maxim and an ok choice.
    http://bowlingball.com/p-11619-mix-blackpurple.aspx

Storm Tropical Breeze. #1 choice for her. I have one. So does a scratch bowler we bowl with in PBA experience league and young cranker guy in another one of our leagues. The Pink and Purple has a small pink ribbon marker and I believe some proceeds go to fighting Breast Cancer. It's a win-win!
    http://bowlingball.com/p-9306-tropic...inkpurple.aspx

Another TB with Purple.
    http://bowlingball.com/p-10762-tropi...oldcherry.aspx

Motiv Ascent Pearl. Good Choice. Pretty much equal to the Tropical Breeze.
    http://bowlingball.com/p-10323-ascen...inkpurple.aspx

Last edited by Bunny; 08-20-2014 at 02:02 PM.
    Proud Member of BowlingBoards.com Bowling Forums
    14's Deadly Aim, First Blood, HyRoad Pearl, Tropical Breeze, Rising Star, Maxim Spare

SandBagger

kinda why I was think of the tropical breeze, two option in purple.

question now is, how do I figure out which one she would like best. with out getting into too much trouble. lol

Chats: 1

Motiv octane is perp

Chats: 32

Quote Originally Posted by Jaescrub View Post
    Motiv octane is perp
    I think the octane might be a little much for someone with a ten mph ball speed.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

SandBagger

Have to agree with amyers. I may not know much about bowling. But I know how to read spec sheet. How her style is it will take off on her. Besides too deep of a purple. It looks almost black

Quote Originally Posted by coreyds012778 View Post
    kinda why I was think of the tropical breeze, two option in purple.

question now is, how do I figure out which one she would like best. with out getting into too much trouble. lol

I'm a girl and I like the purple and pink TB and the Ascent. The purple and gold TB looks more masculine to me as do the Ebonites and the Mix.

The purple and pink TB seems to be mostly purple with pink swirled in. The Ascent looks more evenly pink and purple but the design is very cool! More eye catching than the TB.

Decisions, decisions. I'm sure she'll be pleased with whatever you choose!
    Proud Member of BowlingBoards.com Bowling Forums
    14's Deadly Aim, First Blood, HyRoad Pearl, Tropical Breeze, Rising Star, Maxim Spare

SandBagger

she keeps telling me i don't need another ball since I was showing her some last night before bed. she did see an columbia 300 scout (that was not purple) which was at the pro shop at our house. think I like her to move in to something with a core.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast