Right Handed
Ball weight: 14
Rev Rate: 378
Ball Speed: 18.2
Axis Tilt: 6.67
Axis Rotation: 45*
PAP: 4 1/2 horizontal, 1 5/8 up
Layout: 60 x 3 3/8 x 35

Going in, I was of the understanding that the Optimus was going to be a slightly stronger version of the Marvel Pearl, thus, I planned on making it a ball down from my Marvel S or Hyper Cell. I can’t say I have been disappointed. The motion of this ball is downright amazing!

I have used it on a couple of house patterns on AMF synthetics with good results. The Optimus gets through the heads with relative ease and likes to make a definitive move when it encounters friction. That said, on a THS wall, bouncing this one out early will cause it to go LEFT. It doesn’t really have any issues with oil in the middle. A major flaw in my game is pulling the ball. I can get away with this on the THS because it will just roll until it finds the friction at the end of the pattern. Even with a tug through the oil, there is no loss of carry. This ball hits hard and keeps the pins low.

The most success I’ve found with the Optimus was in a PBA regional event, on the Dick Weber pattern. After getting out to a pretty good start with the Marvel S, playing around 7-8 with a small bump, the outside started to burn up, so it was time for a ball change. After struggling game 4 with a bad ball change, I pulled out the Optimus and it came out of the bag ready! I was able to move inside where my previous ball change was getting horrendous over/under and this ball rolled through the middles and made a decisive move that was quite controllable and allowed me to keep pace with the cash line. I was fortunate enough to cash, but not make match play. I move to the Optimus game 4; I have no doubt that I would have made match play. This ball did exactly what I needed when it was time to put the Marvel S away. I can’t say it is a ball down, more of a ball lateral.

I have been very impressed with the Optimus on a variety of conditions. The overall motion I get is predictable and impressive. As advertised, it is a stronger version of the Marvel Pearl and could compliment any arsenal. I would recommend this ball to anyone. I can’t imagine any bowler not having a use for this piece.

Another great release from Utah!