Right Handed
    Ball weight: 14
    Rev Rate: 378
    Ball Speed: 18.2
    Axis Tilt: 6.67
    Axis Rotation: 45*
    PAP: 4 1/2 horizontal, 1 5/8 up
    Layout: Pin down, under middle finger, cg ˝” positive thumb quadrant

After having years of success with the original HyRoad, I had been reading up on the Solid to determine how this one should fit in the arsenal. I decided I was looking for a full ball down for my Marvel S, which I’ve had much success. The motion of the Optimus did not make it the ball down that I wanted, so the HyRoad Solid was going to fall into this spot. I left it in the out of box finish.

For one reason or another, pin down equipment doesn’t really roll very well for me on THS patterns. This also held true for the HyRoad Solid. I tried it on a couple of THS in my area and the outside was too try to allow me to utilize the motion that I get out of my Marvel S. When I tried moving in and bouncing it off of the wall, the look got smoother, but it was rolling way too early and I never felt like I could predict how it was going to move. After trying it on some named or animal patterns, it was, more than likely, going to get a bit of shine.

My first chance on a named pattern was a sweeper on the Dick Weber pattern. I was able to use my Marvel S with success, but when the time came to make a ball change, I pulled out the HyRoad Solid. I can say with all honesty that I was not expecting what I saw. The HyRoad wanted to roll. It did not want to get through the heads, and it was dead left off of my hand. It was so strong that I couldn’t find a look anywhere near where I had started with the Marvel S. I had to find an alternative because the plan for the HyRoad as a ball down was a bust…

At this point, I have polished the HyRoad Solid, but just haven’t had the opportunity to give it another try. The hype behind this ball was accurate. It is a very strong, mid priced ball. I believe I was expecting an original HyRoad with surface, but got a HyRoad with a beefed up cover. There is a good possibility that I missed the layout on this one. I would have probably been better served with a stacked or label ‘leverage’, but that comes with the territory.

I can say that it’s a strong ball and I would not steer anyone away from the HyRoad Solid. It’s got plenty of power and would fit into most arsenals with the right layout/cover alteration. All of this said, I’ll have to get some more games on mine to see exactly where it fits in my bags.

Another surprisingly strong release from Storm!

Refreshing to read a review stating that there was a little bit of challenge adjusting to what the ball does. Too many times the reviews are 100% positive "out of the box I shot a 268, then a 279!"