Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: #bringNthunder fall league scores 200 or bust

Quote Originally Posted by classygranny View Post
    Shaneshu87, I wasn't making fun of your goals, either. I just found a little humor in the fact that - you have set mostly high reaching goals (which I commend you on), that you would be happy to have a goal of bowling a 150 game with no opens. But, I guess that's my sense of humor - not others. I myself would much rather bowl a 170 with 2 opens than a clean game of 150. Just saying.
    well i can understand your reasoning but if i can stay clean then 150 should have an absolute zero chance of happening, and i honestly don't know why i picked 150 for that bar just the first number that popped in my head when i set these goals, my lowest game in practice this summer was (according to my stike out stats) a 169 trying to throw 2 handed, and that game was far from clean lol. there is no reason, provided i can stay un injured and healthy, that i cannot maintain these goals through the fall league.
    "watching pros throw countless strikes in a you tube video, is like watching
    super models in bikini's eating cheeseburgers on the hood of a pickup. sex sells"

Chats: 4

Shaneshu87 I can understand you wanting to set high
    goals for yourself I also like to set some lofty goals for
    myself sometimes. I too like the old saying shoot for the
    moon I always like to say to myself go big or go home.

Just don't get disappointed if you don't reach all of your
    goals but if you can just reach one of them then you'll
    have accomplished something worth remembering.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums
    Right handed, ex-cranker now a power tweener approx. 350 - 400 RPM's PAP 4 1/2" over 1" up high league sanctioned game 300 high league sanctioned series 788
    Bill

no doubt thats why it's a goal, goals are meant to be flexible not granite.
    super models in bikini's eating cheeseburgers on the hood of a pickup. sex sells"

well tonight was better than last week, i started out with my black widow legend, but my thumb had already swollen by the 3rd frame and i was too stubborn to ball down to my BW pearl. i eneded up shooting a 155 with 3 opens. after that i made the decision to ball down (BW pearl has larger thumb hole to account for swelling) and i shot lights out cleaning up the front 5 with a 4-10 split conversion in the 6th, finished clean with 236, game three much of the same only one open in the first frame with another 4-10, tried to convert and whiffed the 6 completely. after that stayed clean for a 222. all in all very happy with the change i made. after i finished i opend up the thumb on my legend a little more and she felt good. all in all my team lost our first match by 43, won our second by 55, and won our third by 4! love those games! took total pin count as well we are 6-2 for the season thus far, and in first place for now. ring finger still causing problems, made a slight change in my release, sacrificed some revs, but was more consistent with less pain. hurts like a mother right now though! 203 avg on the night happy happy happy
    Last edited by Shaneshu87; 08-29-2014 at 01:10 PM.

Chats: 0

Nice way to bounce back from a difficult start. Well done.
    Avg: 215
    HG: 300
    HS: 822
    Don't be afraid to move! I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

well last night was officially the worst night of the year lol so far, and it was only week 3! started out with the first 3 strikes in game one, i was feeling great, then the awesome happened... i stepped in something, unknowingly, and i stuck (surprise), and i bounced the ball off the approach with my hand still in the ball. if you have seen some of my previous posts about my ring finger then you will know that this action but the dam in my river of unstoppable sweetness... after that the rest of the night i couldn't get what ever i had stepped on off my shoe, so i continued to stick all night, and to top it off my finger was on fire and i was ready to cut the damn thing off. game one 183, game two 167, game three 174 = 524 series dropping my average from 193 to 186... ouch! on the bright side the proshop finally got my custom index finger drilled in my deadly aim, and after league was over i threw a few practice games, no pain what so ever and i got the revs i lost from my sore finger back! thank god this worked i did not want to go sarge easter, a little more practice before i convert all my equipment to this index finger layout

Chats: 32

nothing worse than sticking or over sliding on the approach I'm toast the rest of the night when that happens. Its always in the back of your head will it happen again
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

well last night went well... NOT! started strong, felt good shot 190. second game i struggled from the first frame to the 10th couldn't pick up any right side spares. shot 163 and followed that up with a 157... all in all not very happy with the way i've been shooting. now this was the first week with the Sarge Easter grip and i have not had much practice with it yet, and i'm still waiting on the rest of my equipment to be converted. that being said, the only ball i had at my disposal was my grape vibe, and i was unable to convert my right side spares with it, either i whiffed it, ditched it, or chopped it. my goal is to have 0 open frames per game well i missed that target by 11 last night... only shooting a 170 avg for the night leaving me with a league avg of 182.08 with a goal of 200, there is a tournament coming up in oct with a 180 avg minimum to enter, if this keeps up looks like i'll have to sit this one out time to practice practice practice and plug the rest of my equipment.

Chats: 32

Give yourself some time to adjust to the new drilling. It wont happen overnight and get the spare ball converted if you use one.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Quote Originally Posted by Amyers View Post
    Give yourself some time to adjust to the new drilling. It wont happen overnight and get the spare ball converted if you use one.
    my spare ball is in the conversion process.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast