Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: goals for fall/winter league

SandBagger
    Chats: 0

Default goals for fall/winter league

we start on thursday, it is a doubles league. the guy (the centers manager) who fought for these league wanted to target first time league bowlers. he was not planning on bowling in the league but there was someone with out a partner and decided to team up with her. my dad is my partner, he is getting back into bowling after 25yrs off from it. he upgraded his brunswick triple crown to a columbia scout. kinda for see him getting a ball with more of a core down the road once he gets going again.

my final summer league avg ended up around 125. they do not enter in as a book avg so I get a fresh start.

first night avg goal 140 to 165
    pick up my spare game.
    hoping by midseason to have raised the avg by 20pins

start breaking 200 games during league

by seasons end, raise my avg another 20pins

scratch 500 series
    scratch 600 series

and the goal of every bowler a 300 game.

think most of those are not too far out of reach for me.

Chats: 4

coreyds012778 Nothing is ever out of reach for a bowler
    as long as they are willing to put in the practice time and
    put effort into learning to make themselves a better bowler.

Just work at it and most if not all of those goals are well
    withing your reach.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums
    Right handed, ex-cranker now a power tweener approx. 350 - 400 RPM's PAP 4 1/2" over 1" up high league sanctioned game 300 high league sanctioned series 788
    Bill

SandBagger

the only goal I really don't see me getting will be the 300 game. my surprise myself.

I would love a 300 game and 800+ series where my league is. Very difficult house. My goal is to average around 210, but anywhere over 200 works.

Ringer
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 1

After looking at your goals I think the majority of these are very attainable and essentially come down to your goal of spare shooting (except for the 300 game, that has nothing to do with spare shooting). A few questions that you may want to start thinking about in relation to this goal: How are you going to measure your spare shooting and how are you going to approach your spares (methodology)?

SandBagger

spare shooting is my weakest part of my game. been working on it. what really kills me is when I miss by inches of picking up multiple pin spares and the single pins. got back to getting the 7 pin at will 10 pin (right handed) is about 25 to 40%.

Ringer
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 1

Corey, a few questions in regards to your spare shooting. First off, what kind of ball do you throw at your spares? Are you using your strike ball, do you have a plastic ball? Second, when you are throwing at a pin such as the 6 pin, how do you set up for that shot?

For any of you who have not gone there, BowlingThisMonth.com offers great insights into all phases of bowling including instructional articles and ball reviews. The article that I have submitted for September is entitled, "Buddy Can You Spare A Dime?" and deals with all phases of spare shooting. The single most effective way of raising your average is working on spare shooting. Just one more converted spare per game raises your average by ten pins. Two by twenty, etc. The subscription cost of BTM is around $40 and it is the most bang that you will get for your bowling buck most anywhere.

SandBagger

no I don't throw my strike ball (hammer the chalk tbna edition) for spares. I use a 14 lbs cyclone for a spare. throw it end over end for a straight shots. for the 6 pin, I use the 3-6-9 method. but it sometimes does not work for me,

I am planning on getting a 15lb plastic ball after the first of the year.

as for the first night of winter. 138 avg. 160-103 (just what can I say ugh)-151 414 scratch.

Chats: 204

With Spring/Summer now in the books; my goals for Fall/Winter are:

1) Always throw a clean game and/or a 525+ series.
    2) In 2015, get at least 1 more lesson from Rob M. and take at least 1 lesson from Mark Baker.
    3) Increase my composite sanctioned average from 167 to 193 or higher.
    4) Increase my strike % from 30% to 35% or higher.
    5) Increase single-pin spare shooting % from 72% to 80% or higher.

No tournament related goals for Fall/Winter other than participate in the BVL tournament early in the year (2015). With my 2014 book average under 170; I'm still eligible for the "B" Division.
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Brunswick Endeavor; (: .) Radical Outer Limits Pearl; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    USBC#: 8259-59071; USBC Sanctioned Average = 186; Lifetime Average = 171;
    Ball Speed: 14.4mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast