Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Article Research - POLL

Quote Originally Posted by RobLV1 View Post
    I am attempting to do some research for an upcoming article. Could you please take a few minutes to help me out and answer the following questions:

1. How many bowling balls (besides a designated spare ball) do you bring with you to league each week?
    2. Do you decide which ball to start with before you get to the lanes?
    3. Is a ball change normally the first adjustment you make when the lanes begin to change?
    4. If it is not, what is? a) speed b) lateral move on the lanes c) hand position d) loft e) other
    5. When you change balls during play, do you always "ball down"?
    6. If you are right-handed, when you "ball down" do you move your line to the right?
    7. What is your current Book Average?

Thank you in advance for your help.

1. Two, but I have a couple in the locker that I don't really use too much as I feel that more than 2 I'm just chasing the lanes all night
    2. I'll have one I start in practice with (benchmark ball) and change before scoring if necessary depending on reaction
    3. No
    4. Lateral moves on the lanes normally
    5. No. Sometimes (especially now with a new game) I'll ball up and move left to get better read in the middle
    6. Depends on the reaction. Most times play with the same line.
    7. 185
    Last edited by mc_runner; 08-29-2014 at 02:02 PM.

1. How many bowling balls (besides a designated spare ball) do you bring with you to league each week? two besides my spare
    2. Do you decide which ball to start with before you get to the lanes? I tend to start with the same ball every week, but i throw both just in case one feels better or i have a better look with the other
    3. Is a ball change normally the first adjustment you make when the lanes begin to change? God no, I'll take a few frames to move left, right, up down,speed or change my hand position before changing balls
    4. If it is not, what is? a) speed b) lateral move on the lanes c) hand position d) loft e) otheroh, haha, read above
    5. When you change balls during play, do you always "ball down"?not always. sometimes i need something stronger to get through the carry down, or i started with a weaker ball and need more umph
    6. If you are right-handed, when you "ball down" do you move your line to the right? when i was right handed (*tear*) and changed balls, I'd stay right where I was. I'm a firm believer and always coached my kids to change one thing at a time, unless you are bowling baker, otherwise you'll never know what to really fix.
    7. What is your current Book Average? right handed: pre rotator cuff tear- 205, post tear-165, left handed- let's not mention that

Chats: 55

1. How many bowling balls (besides a designated spare ball) do you bring with you to league each week? Two, sometimes three (in summer months)
    2. Do you decide which ball to start with before you get to the lanes? Our THS is fairly consistent, so yes. Except during the season change in oil - then no.
    3. Is a ball change normally the first adjustment you make when the lanes begin to change? Usually not, depends on how the ball is reacting
    4. If it is not, what is? a) speed b) lateral move on the lanes c) hand position d) loft e) other Lateral move on the lanes, possibly a change in loft or less loft. Sometimes a change in target, farther away/closer up
    5. When you change balls during play, do you always "ball down"? If I only have two balls with me, not always depending on what I started with. In the summer, when I have the third ball with me, I usually do
    6. If you are right-handed, when you "ball down" do you move your line to the right?Usually, not always, depends on what reaction I'm getting with the current ball. I typically know how much difference there will be between each ball
    7. What is your current Book Average?184
    Proud member of bowlingboards.com bowling forums & winner of bowling ball give-away!
    High Series - 704; High Game - 290 (a long time ago) Current Average - 150

Chats: 2

1. How many bowling balls(besides a designated spare ball) do you bring with you to league each week? Three in Winter, but I have more in my locker in my home house. One in Summer when bowling in a league in the town where we have a Summer trailer

2. Do you decide which ball to start with before you get to the lanes? I have a strong idea, but could change in practice

3. Is a ball change normally the first adjustment you make when the lanes begin to change? No

4. If it is not, what is? a) speed b) lateral move on the lanes c) hand position d) loft e) other lateral move on the lanes

5. When you change balls during play, do you always "ball down”? No, I ball up if moving inside as lanes breakdown

6. If you are right-handed, when you "ball down" do you move your line to the right? Usually

7. What is your current Book Average? 184 & 176 in sanctioned THS leagues last season

Chats: 0

I am attempting to do some research for an upcoming article. Could you please take a few minutes to help me out and answer the following questions:

1. How many bowling balls (besides a designated spare ball) do you bring with you to league each week? 3
    2. Do you decide which ball to start with before you get to the lanes? no
    3. Is a ball change normally the first adjustment you make when the lanes begin to change? no
    4. If it is not, what is? a) speed b) lateral move on the lanes c) hand position d) loft e) other b
    5. When you change balls during play, do you always "ball down"? no
    6. If you are right-handed, when you "ball down" do you move your line to the right? no
    7. What is your current Book Average? 215

My pleasure !
    Hammer Purple Urethane. Storm Surge Hybrid, Storm Pitch Purple, Roto Grip Hyper Cell.
    2 Storm Surge Pearl 4x4x2 and a no flare, ,Roto Grip Hot Cell, Roto Grip Haywire.
    2020/2021, Hi Average 219, Hi Game 289, Hi Series 771, 30 Clean 4, 700 Series 16.
    2021/2022, Hi Average 211, Hi Game 256 Hi Series 693, 30 Clean 0, 700 Series 0.
    Proud member of Bowlingboards.com Since 2013.

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

1. How many bowling balls (besides a designated spare ball) do you bring with you to league each week?
    3. Is a ball change normally the first adjustment you make when the lanes begin to change?
    4. If it is not, what is? a) speed b) lateral move on the lanes c) hand position d) loft e) other
    6. If you are right-handed, when you "ball down" do you move your line to the right?

1.Three, but the spare ball is a Storm Mix, (Urethane cover with a pancake core), and one is drilled lefty so I can warm up with either hand.
    2. No.
    3. No.
    4. First move is almost always left to catch more oil.
    5.I usually start with a Virtual Gravity Nano, and if I have to change I go to a Roto-Grip Shatter. If I'm bowling lefty I usually start with a Storm HyRoad and might switch to a Nano.
    6. No.
    7. 186 righty, 167 Left-handed.
    John

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

Quote Originally Posted by hoku41205 View Post
    7. What is your current Book Average? right handed: pre rotator cuff tear- 205, post tear-165, left handed- let's not mention that
    165 with your non-dominant hand is nothing to be ashamed of. At least you're still bowling and having fun.
    John

Chats: 10

1. 2
    2. No, during warm ups
    3/4. No, lateral
    5. No
    6. Yes
    7. 160, was my first season
    In my bag: Roto Grip UFO, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused and Roto Grip Hustle hyb

League High Series: 745 (12/23/19) High Game: 300 (11/23/15)

Proud member of BowlingBoards.com

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123