Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd6770 View Post
So... I finally figured out what I need to bowl better. Freshly oiled lanes! Not bowling in leagues, I am at the mercy of whoever has bowled on the lane I end up on, since the last time it was oiled. Sometimes the lanes are really slick, sometimes they are like bowling on sand paper. I got to the alley, and they said that if I wanted to wait about 10 minutes, I could bowl on fresh oil, and I jumped at that chance.

I ended up throwing a 210, 189, and 218. That's a 617 series, so 205.66 average. I got a printout because it was my first 600 series, and I'm a nerd, hah.

The first game, I seemed to have a problem picking up spares. The rest of the games went pretty well. However, there was 1 oddity. It happens to me very rarely throwing a right-handed hook, but I had 2 pocket balls that missed the 8-pin.
Good bowling as a right hander when you miss the 8 it is due to the ball not driving into the pocket and deflecting back towards the right side it happens to everyone on occasion. Just keep making your spares and you will be golden.