Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lloyd's Scores!

Default Lloyd's Scores!

So, I've been having a problem with consistency, which I think stems from a lack of stamina when it comes to game 3, so I'm going to be trying to bowl more than 3 games at a time, and maybe more than once a week, hah. Here are my scores/stats from this past weekend.

Now, this past weekend was interesting. I could tell in the middle of game 4, I was very tired. Also, 1 of the 2 lanes was unbelievably dry, so that was a fun experience... NOT. It was like bowling on sand paper. Throughout the night, I'd venture to guess that 1/2 my strikes were Brooklyn because of the dry lanes, and me not being sure how to adjust for conditions that heavy.

Also, just for fun, the 1 split that I managed to pick up was the 3, 9, 10. Kicked the 3 off the wall in to the 10, and the 10 kicked over and hit the 9. I was pretty happy with that shot.
    Ball - Brunswick Slingshot | Speed - 15.25mph | Throw - Right
    High Game - 240
    High Series - 617 (210, 189, 218)

Chats: 32

Actually it would be conditions that light or dry. as far as adjustments go continue to move left with the feet and target until you find some oil. Looks like you were more consistent with your bowling this week. just remember if the ball is hooking too much/early move over left : too little /too late move right with your target and feet.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Amyers - When I said conditions that heavy, I just meant something that far off what I would consider average. But yes, the 1 lane was very light/dry on oil. I will definitely keep those adjustments in mind if I have trouble next week. Hopefully the lanes won't be quite as ravaged from bday parties and stuff.

I was actually surprised with my consistency this week, it was better than usual. A 34-pin difference between my low and high games isn't bad at all for me.
    High Game - 240

This week was still interesting, but because it went against my normal pattern so much.

I have no idea what happened for game 2. Everyone on our two lanes had trouble for game 2. I think from game 1 to game 2, everyone's scores dropped 30-40 points or more.

The only adjustment I made for the 2nd half of game 2 and all of game 3 was, I quit trying too hard. As soon as I calmed down from starting game 2 with 5 consecutive open frames, everything fell back in to place, and I finished with game 3 being pretty respectable.
    High Game - 240

Chats: 32

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd6770 View Post
    This week was still interesting, but because it went against my normal pattern so much.

I have no idea what happened for game 2. Everyone on our two lanes had trouble for game 2. I think from game 1 to game 2, everyone's scores dropped 30-40 points or more.

The only adjustment I made for the 2nd half of game 2 and all of game 3 was, I quit trying too hard. As soon as I calmed down from starting game 2 with 5 consecutive open frames, everything fell back in to place, and I finished with game 3 being pretty respectable.
    Sometimes you just have those games the important thing is you came back from it and shot a good score after it
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Quote Originally Posted by Amyers View Post
    Sometimes you just have those games the important thing is you came back from it and shot a good score after it
    I was very happy with game 3. Not just because it was a pretty good game, but because it came after the really bad game. I was surprised how much better I did when I stopped trying so hard. Trying too hard must have messed up my timing or something, something was obviously off.
    High Game - 240

Blog Entries
    Chats: 2643

Good, Better, Best,,,,,,,,, never let it rest,,,, till your good is BETTER, Till your BETTER is BEST!!! Go get them there pins,,,,(
    Don't walk on Thin Ice!

Chats: 55

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd6770 View Post
    I was very happy with game 3. Not just because it was a pretty good game, but because it came after the really bad game. I was surprised how much better I did when I stopped trying so hard. Trying too hard must have messed up my timing or something, something was obviously off.
    Usually when we try too hard, we tense up. The best bowling is usually done with a relaxed arm swing and a relaxed mind.

Good recovery after the second game!
    Proud member of bowlingboards.com bowling forums & winner of bowling ball give-away!
    High Series - 704; High Game - 290 (a long time ago) Current Average - 150

So this last weekend was nice and relaxed. Just went with a few friends, didn't do the normal thing. My games were 201, 174, 166. That's a 180.33 average, which I like. Throughout the 3 games, I had a total of 13 strikes, 11 spares, and 6 opens (1 split). Of those 6 opens, I know at least 2, I think 3, were 10-pin spares.

My next goal is either a clean game, (I inevitably screw up 1 frame), or a 600 series, (Best to date is 592).
    High Game - 240

So... I finally figured out what I need to bowl better. Freshly oiled lanes! Not bowling in leagues, I am at the mercy of whoever has bowled on the lane I end up on, since the last time it was oiled. Sometimes the lanes are really slick, sometimes they are like bowling on sand paper. I got to the alley, and they said that if I wanted to wait about 10 minutes, I could bowl on fresh oil, and I jumped at that chance.

I ended up throwing a 210, 189, and 218. That's a 617 series, so 205.66 average. I got a printout because it was my first 600 series, and I'm a nerd, hah.

The first game, I seemed to have a problem picking up spares. The rest of the games went pretty well. However, there was 1 oddity. It happens to me very rarely throwing a right-handed hook, but I had 2 pocket balls that missed the 8-pin.
    High Game - 240

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast