Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Banter among teammates

Quote Originally Posted by classygranny View Post
    "Who Knew" - It's what we say when someone gets a messy strike, or a unconventional pickup. And, it's our team name.
    Lol! We were bowling last week with some fun teammates. Bud always comes up with crazy stuff and team names like, "The Michael Bowltons" and "Screaming Mimis."

I threw a nice strike and my hubby said something like, "Shred the rack!"

Bud comes back with, "Shred it, Shreddy Krueger!"

New team name...Shreddy Kruegers!!

The dude cracks me up!

Quote Originally Posted by RobLV1 View Post
    Last year I bowled with a guy who said, at least once without fail every week, "That's more gooder." It got to the point by the end of the season that I was seriously considering wearing ear plugs so that I wouldn't be tempted to just tell him how irritating it was. Needless to say, I'm not bowling with him this year, in fact, I'm not bowling in the league at all primarily so that I don't have to listen to him every again!
    I just started bowling last year and joined my first league. I didn't really worry about who my teammates were. I was just happy to be bowling.

Not now. Especially after getting put on the senior swingers team. I got so tired of hearing about all the online dating disasters and seeing the Las Vegas skanky pics. No thank you very much!

Quote Originally Posted by rv driver View Post
    You should have a more gooder year then, Rob!

He, he! Good one.
    Last edited by Bunny; 08-27-2014 at 04:28 PM.
    Proud Member of BowlingBoards.com Bowling Forums
    14's Deadly Aim, First Blood, HyRoad Pearl, Tropical Breeze, Rising Star, Maxim Spare

SandBagger
    Chats: 0

I was the new guy on the team, I did not get much or gave much banter until the end of the season. They where pretty hard on each other.

I have heard a lot of stuff over the years, especially from older bowlers. When i'm bowling league i like to joke around and use some of them. Here are a few:

When a guy has really nicely thrown a few strikes in a row but before he is on a big string say somewhat deadpan to him: alright that was close keep working out there.
    If someone is spraying the ball around you can say man you have 3 boards out there and they all have arrows on them.
    On a weak hit that strikes yell out was anybody hurt down there or did i hurt you honey.
    If you strike on the brooklyn side tell everyone that you were just playing it that way because of a bad rack.
    If you or your teammates barely pick up a single pin and it slides over on the deck just tell the other team he was practicing for a split and good bowlers do that.

Of course i will use some of these joking about myself as well. I usually don't say alot of that type of stuff during a tournament or with people that sit staring at the pins after their turn. I also would never say something trying to throw someone off of their game but when i first started bowling mens leagues there were some veteran guys that would really try to do that. That was a different time when it was a lot more serious on those leagues.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12