Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tues League meeting was tonight

Blog Entries
    Chats: 2643

Quote Originally Posted by bowl1820 View Post
    Well the organizational meeting for my winter league was tonight, fortunately it went quick.

The house raised the cost of the Playpass, it went up to $20 a month for unlimited open bowling. So still a killer deal!

Plus the house gave me $36 on my Reward card for having bowled league last year

The local Assoc. was there and had pictures of the awards they were providing, some looked really nice.

League costs stayed the same as last year (even though lineage went up), USBC Sanction Fee $17, League Fee $15 and sponsor Fee $24.

The league went with the 36 week season again like we had last year, which was baffling because normally it's 34 weeks. Last year we added on the two extra weeks to just accommodate the house, because they were adjusting their schedules to match the others in the chain. But it wasn't needed this year, so baffling as to why everyone wanted to bowl those two extra weeks, oh well.

Rest stayed the same: Split season, Handicap 90% of 230 and the point system (7 point system, 2 pts. per game, 1 for total) etc.

Looks to be a full house again (32 teams), even had a team on waiting list I believe.

Well back at it.
    Nothing like a

http://i1243.photobucket.com/albums/...psee747786.jpg
    Last edited by bowl1820; 08-30-2014 at 03:48 PM. Reason: Resize image
    Don't walk on Thin Ice!

Good... they did the right thing. Also nice of the other team to be accommodating.

Chats: 10

UPDATE: We're back on for bowling Tuesday!!

I went down to tell them I'd give up the spot, Told them how we can't bowl together on another night due to Sandie's schedule.

Andrew the manager Said he didn't want to lose us since we have been there so long. Said he'd talk to the other team and see if they could change and bowl on Monday night. Then give me a call if there was a change.

After that I went to the snack bar to get a drink and stop to talk to Drew (The PSO), while I was talking Andrew came up said it was worked out. They'd bowl on Monday and we we're good to stay and he said they work on finding us two more people.
    Glad it worked out as It should!
    In my bag: Roto Grip UFO, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused and Roto Grip Hustle hyb

League High Series: 745 (12/23/19) High Game: 300 (11/23/15)

Proud member of BowlingBoards.com

Chats: 32

UPDATE: We're back on for bowling Tuesday!!

I went down to tell them I'd give up the spot, Told them how we can't bowl together on another night due to Sandie's schedule.

Andrew the manager Said he didn't want to lose us since we have been there so long. Said he'd talk to the other team and see if they could change and bowl on Monday night. Then give me a call if there was a change.

After that I went to the snack bar to get a drink and stop to talk to Drew (The PSO), while I was talking Andrew came up said it was worked out. They'd bowl on Monday and we we're good to stay and he said they work on finding us two more people.
    Congrats bowl sometimes things just work out
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Wow! You guys gets lots of cool stuff, bowl1820. We just get magnets or bag tags (I think it is bag tags again this year) for various scores and such. The first couple years I bowled, it was magnets. Now it was the tags last year. That would be really cool if we got water bottles and stuff. I might have to bring it up for next year.

Glad your bowling center found a way to let you stay

Chats: 0

Awesome, glad to hear it worked out. I honestly couldn't believe they even asked you to leave. Have fun and bowl well.
    Avg: 215
    HG: 300
    HS: 822
    Don't be afraid to move! I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12