Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Mudpuppy's 2014-2015 Bowling Scores

Chats: 32

Good Luck Mud
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

I appreciate your honestly. Now crush them tonight.

Blog Entries
    Chats: 2643

Quote Originally Posted by Aslan View Post
    Wow. Those are Aslanesque scores.
    mike white said it mush have been BAD OIL!!! LOL Like that time the LION beat him on wood I believe... MIKE FEARS WOOD!!

HE DIDN"T EVEN LIKE THOSE WOOD BURINING KITS MOST KIDS HAD FOR CHRISTMAS BACK IN THE DAY!!

I wood expect he doesn't make the trip to Plattsburg, mainly because Aslan Rules on Wood! Rob,,,, who knows, he is still gloating in his victory in Vegas!!

With the six lanes we need to come up with a format, first! Then a good time and date for the original 5!!

I can help with information on lodging and group rates ect.
    Don't walk on Thin Ice!

And bikers get VIP accommodations I presume?

Banned
    Chats: 68

Quote Originally Posted by Mudpuppy View Post
    Sounds like in Plattsville, VIP means you sleep in the hay on the good side of the barn.

Well, how did the Mudpuppy do?

Blog Entries
    Chats: 2643

Quote Originally Posted by Mudpuppy View Post
    FOR YOU BED,,, noting but the best!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike White View Post
    Sounds like in Plattsville, VIP means you sleep in the hay on the good side of the barn.
    Actually MIKE, the loft is the area of the barn that the Bikers will have!! Great view of the small pond where the hogs go to cool off! West coast
    guys will sleep with all the chickens,,, O,,,,O,,, I FORGOT,,, Number 1 Chicken form West Coast ( kitty Cat ) is having a midlife bowling melt down and will not be coming!

You know looking back at Muddpuppy and Icemans TOTAL scores, at that meeting in Vegas, Mine, including the warm up game, was 210! Considering it was my birthday and just born hours before the bowing started, I think I DID OK! Especailly after riding my bike out 1425 miles with my wife on the back, and pulling a trailer! I do think if Rob had not beat me by 3 FRICKEN pins,,, I just might have gone all the way! Mud bowled up a FRICKEN STORM on the original lanes, I need to go back and look at his average for the tournament,, it had to be huge also!!

This second meeting and new thread called: ( Real Men Are Not Afraid of Spiders, and Bowl Wood) , will be the final test as to who RULES!

Funny MIKE,,, I did have a few Farmers come up to me on my Thursday evening league, and say they just might have room in their hay barns for lodging! My first question was: "But are they spider FREE"?

Aslan, what a whoooish!!!!

I will start this new thread as we get closer to the event... time to start thinking about the DATE,,, It can be a ONE Day thing, or what ever.

I understand they have a Recluse Spider hunting tournament every spring,,,, big prizes for the most venomous one found! Could include the two?

MUDPUPPY,,, how did you do buddy!!! Fellow spider lover, BIKER,,, and great bowler???
    Last edited by MICHAEL; 10-15-2014 at 08:39 AM.
    Don't walk on Thin Ice!

Well kids it was an interesting night. I hate to have left you hanging but I think the story will make up for the lost time incurred.

Practice was typical - all over the place. But then I locked in with the first blood. Came out of the gate storming like sea biscuit at the kentucky derby. Quickly fell off the string and the ball was completely off the mark - and I'm sure I was as well. So what could have been a 220+ game turned into a 165. I was extremely disappointed and questioned my place within the bowling universe. Now including my saturday league I had thrown 7 subpar games in a row. I got down on my hands and knees, in my mind, and I plead that the bowling gods give me some clarity. Some understanding. Have I lost the ability to bowl? Is this it? Did I get too close to the little surfer boy Aslan and now I am doomed to a life of never being able to bowl again? WHY?!?!??! Elizabeth, this is it, I'm coming.... but then after that 10 second interlude I put the first blood away, grabbed the melee and proceeded to decimate the pins 2nd game single handedly beating the other team. High game 2nd game of both teams. Everyone was bowling poorly and I was on fire. / X / 8- X X X X X 9/8. 213. Now the first ball in the 10th frame jacked the 7 pin all up but it stood like a middle finger. Otherwise that 213 would have been more. Third game I started out 9/ 9/ 9/ 9/ and every single frame I moved until finally the 5th frame I reset to the left and bam there it was. Stormed through the rest of the game and ended the night with a 223. I needed a 222 for a 600 series So I took an absolute garbage first game and turned it into a decent evening - I know 601 isn't the greatest series ever but I feel like it was my best 600 series to date because I was able to recover after getting my teeth kicked in first game.

165-213-223 = 601

And my team took a much needed 7 points. After game 1 my average dropped 6 pins but by the end of the night I raised it 1 pin heading back to a 200+ average sitting at 193 currently.

The moral of the story kids: TAKE IT 1 BALL AT A TIME. Don't dwell on the last shot or the last game just focus on the pins in front of you.

You started out slow because you had 6 straight sub par games in a row prior to the night. That was clearly in your head. Now, after breaking out the last two, I am positive you will kill them your next time out. Confidence is everything. Very nice way to throw a 600!

I would love to see more bowling scores like that, I love this sport and I love popular guys doing it :P

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast