Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Joe's first league in 15 years. Fall 2014/15 scores

Default Joe's first league in 15 years. Fall 2014/15 scores

So last night was the first night of my Friday Night Mixed league. It is the first league I have been in since I was 14 which was 15 years ago. It was exciting to really get back into the sport like that. I have been open bowling for about 6 months with the knowledge that I was going to join a league. So I took my practice very seriously trying new things, getting a new ball and coming to this site to learn more.

Okay I will stop rambling and get to the scores.

First game- 204
    Second game- 196
    Third game- 213

There it is. I am looking at probably a 204 average which is better then when I was younger. Hopefully I can keep it going like that all season and maybe just maybe I will redeem my 298 game from 15 years ago and finally get that 300... Maybe.
    Just call me Twisted
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums.

Chats: 10

That's a great start! Keep it up!
    In my bag: Roto Grip UFO, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused and Roto Grip Hustle hyb

League High Series: 745 (12/23/19) High Game: 300 (11/23/15)

Proud member of BowlingBoards.com

Quote Originally Posted by Blomer View Post
    That's a great start! Keep it up!
    Thanks. I am going to try to keep up the 200 average. That along with a 700 series and of course a 300 are all goals of this season.
    Just call me Twisted

Chats: 0

Keep practicing during the year. Don't just rely on what you do in league play.

So Friday Night was a rough one for me. I had a lot on my mind and kind of rushed things which caused a lot of release errors.

Game 1- 158
    Game 2- 151
    Game 3- 205

I am hoping next week will be better. I plan on going for a little practice this week maybe Wednesday. The hardest thing will be clearing my head because my mother is very ill.
    Last edited by jnv32185; 09-14-2014 at 12:32 PM.
    Just call me Twisted

Chats: 32

Quote Originally Posted by jnv32185 View Post
    So Friday Night was a rough one for me. I had a lot on my mind and kind of rushed things which caused a lot of release errors.

Game 1- 158
    Game 2- 151
    Game 3- 205

I am hoping next week will be better. I plan on going for a little practice this week maybe Wednesday. The hardest thing will be clearing my head because my mother is very ill.
    Sorry to hear about your mother. Hope everything works out okay. Just coming back those aren't bad scores
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

With a heavy heart it saddens me to say my mother passed away this week. I bowled on friday just like I would have because I know she would have wanted me to keep going.

Frist game - 190
    Second game - 235
    Third game - 161

The first two game everything went smoothly. Had a couple bad releases the first two games but I can not complain. The first throw of the third game I hurt my knee on my slide. Planted my foot more then sliding, anyway it caused me to have a pretty rough third game.
    Just call me Twisted

Chats: 32

Quote Originally Posted by jnv32185 View Post
    With a heavy heart it saddens me to say my mother passed away this week. I bowled on friday just like I would have because I know she would have wanted me to keep going.

Frist game - 190
    Second game - 235
    Third game - 161

The first two game everything went smoothly. Had a couple bad releases the first two games but I can not complain. The first throw of the third game I hurt my knee on my slide. Planted my foot more then sliding, anyway it caused me to have a pretty rough third game.
    Condolences losing a parent is rough. Best of wishes and good bowling
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Chats: 0

Sorry for your loss. It's a long season, so taking time off for what happened is completely understandable. Hope your knee gets better soon. I've battled knee issues this year too.

Thank you foreverincamo and Amyers. So last week I did not put up my scores my head was not in it and it showed. Between everything going on and then there was a huge commotion right where I was bowling, my night was shot. But I will put up my scores tonight for both weeks.
    09/26/14
    Game 1- 161
    Game 2- 148
    Game 3- 152
    Last edited by jnv32185; 10-04-2014 at 07:54 PM.
    Just call me Twisted

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast