The newest addition to the HP3 line for RotoGrip is the Hysteria. The Hysteria has new weight block called the late roll 69 which increased the Rg value and also raised the differential. Even though the cover stock is solid the Hysteria has some backend! The layout that I used in this beast is pin down under the bridge with the cg kicked out or the dual angle 45 X 5 ½ X 70, the weight hole is located on my VAL at 3 3/8 from my PAP. My coordinates are as follows: PAP 5 5/8 over and ¾ up, Ball speed 15mph to 16mph, Rev Rate around 300 and I am right handed.

I used the Hysteria on numerous patterns along with the Disturbed. What I found was on longer patterns the Disturbed allowed me to be more in play because of the earlier roll characteristics. However, when the longer patterns started breaking down and forcing me left the Hysteria was in play! The Hysteria allowed me to play the friction and opened up the lane. The shorter patterns the Hysteria was in play from the beginning of the set to the end. The Hysteria never lost hitting power and the generous length and Dynamic backend was a huge surprise! The Disturbed just rolled too early and did not have enough energy on the backend to knock down a lot of pins. This is where the higher RG and polished cover stock makes a huge difference for the Hysteria. The Hysteria conserves more energy and has more ball motion than a Disturbed (even if the Disturbed is polished). On a typical House Pattern was a toss-up between the two bowling balls…. At the beginning of the set the Disturbed blended out the wet dry and was able to stay in the pocket with ease. I could still chase the pattern left if I wanted too but… I changed to the Hysteria. The Hysteria again allowed me to play more of the friction and the powerful backend made the carry down non-existent. The Disturbed and the Hysteria is good one two punch for anyone’s bowling bag!

The Hysteria is a great addition to the already diverse RotoGrip arsenal!

Dan Schaden Jr
Storm/ RotoGrip Staff Member
Vise Grip Staff Member