Thread: Anyone else collect bowling pins?

Cool Anyone else collect bowling pins?

Hi there, everyone. I'm a weekend bowler along with my family and recently I've been fascinated with bowling pins and the history behind them. Does anyone else here collect? I've posted most of my pins at the Collectors Weekly website under the same user name. I'm not much of an historian but I really enjoy sleuthing out patterns and trends in decoration design and construction. Here are pictures of a few of my favorites.

W!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Chats: 4

The only bowling pin that I've ever collected was the pin that
    caused me to miss my first 300 game it was a solid 8 pin I still
    have it all these years latter.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums
    Right handed, ex-cranker now a power tweener approx. 350 - 400 RPM's PAP 4 1/2" over 1" up high league sanctioned game 300 high league sanctioned series 788
    Bill

How does that work exactly? Do you finish your game and go tell the alleys you want that pin?? I don't think my alley would do that for me.

Chats: 0

I used to have 2 bowling pins. I bowled in a youth tourney and shot 299 (9pin) in qualifying on Saturday and 299 (4pin) in match play on Sunday. I kept both of the pins but have since lost them during one of my moves.

I really like the Vulcan, looks cool.
    Last edited by MiggityMatt; 09-15-2014 at 04:02 PM.
    Avg: 215
    HG: 300
    HS: 822
    Don't be afraid to move! I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

Chats: 4

Quote Originally Posted by bubba809 View Post
    How does that work exactly? Do you finish your game and go tell the alleys you want that pin?? I don't think my alley would do that for me.
    No the center manager was watching and he cut the lane off from the front desk
    right after the ball hit and left the 8 pin right before it cycled and the rake come
    all the way down and wipe the pin off of the deck and then he walked straight
    down the gutter cap and got down under the mask crawled up in there and got
    the pin for me.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums
    Right handed, ex-cranker now a power tweener approx. 350 - 400 RPM's PAP 4 1/2" over 1" up high league sanctioned game 300 high league sanctioned series 788
    Bill