The newest addition to RotoGrip HP2 line is the Outcry. The Outcry has a hybrid cover stock that surrounds the Late Roll 51 core that is in the Rumble and the Uproar. The Outcry along with the Wrecker will give the bowler two hybrid cover stocks with two totally different rolls. The Outcry is a strong arcing beast while the Wrecker is totally a skid flip monster. I went really simple on the layout with pin right above the fingers with cg slightly kicked out with no hole. The coordinates are 80 X 5 ½ X 45. My coordinates are 5 5/8 over and ¾ up, rev rate around 300, ball speed around 15mph, more up the back release and I am right handed.

I threw the Outcry on numerous patterns and what I gathered from this experience is that the Outcry is in play on the shorter to medium patterns with low to medium volumes. The Outcry on a house pattern is fantastic because it blends the wet/dry out compared to the Wrecker. The Wrecker over emphasized both the wet and dry until carry down happened. The Outcry was in play from the first ball to the last ball of the session moving left and following the oil line as it moved left. I did NOT change the cover stock at all, right out of the box! I also threw both balls on Cheetah and the Viper and the Outcry was fantastic early on in the session but as the patterns broke down it forced me too far left. So I moved to the right a couple boards and threw the Wrecker and was right back into the pocket. As I said before I did not change the cover stock of the Outcry, I believe if I polished the Outcry I would have had a better ball reaction for the entire session not just the first couple of games. The next pattern was a 4o foot flat pattern and the Outcry outperformed the Wrecker from the first ball to the last ball. The Flatter pattern needed a strong but consistent ball reaction and the Outcry was all of that and a Bag of Chips!

If you are looking for a versatile bowling ball that will not bust your wallet…. The Outcry is your ticket to success!

Dan Schaden Jr
Storm / RotoGrip Staff
Vise Grip Staff