Thread: Smooth rolling

Default Smooth rolling

Need a smooth rolling ball to go with my fusion. Debating between the hyroad solid and iq tour

The Fusion and the IQ Tour are the same ball with two different forms of the same cover material: the Fusion is a hybrid, and the IQ Tour is a solid. Both use the R2S cover material. The Hyroad Solid has a much higher rg (2.57 vs. 2.49 for the Fusion), and a much higher differential (.049 vs. .029 for the Fusion). If you want balls that are slightly different, get the IQ Tour. If you want two different looks get the Hyroad Solid.

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

Quote Originally Posted by RobLV1 View Post
    The Fusion and the IQ Tour are the same ball with two different forms of the same cover material: the Fusion is a hybrid, and the IQ Tour is a solid. Both use the R2S cover material. The Hyroad Solid has a much higher rg (2.57 vs. 2.49 for the Fusion), and a much higher differential (.049 vs. .029 for the Fusion). If you want balls that are slightly different, get the IQ Tour. If you want two different looks get the Hyroad Solid.
    Rob, how can the same cover material be a solid on one ball and a hybrid on another? Or do I need to write to Storm whose answer I predict to be:"That's proprietary information, we could explain it to you, but then we'd have to kill you." Just kidding about the last part.
    John

Cover materials are made using "families" of formulas. Each formula is made in a solid version, a pearl version, and a hybrid version which is a combination of the solid and pearl materials. As the base formulas are very similar, the bowler can expect a similar reaction from all three with the differences being the generic differences between the three types of materials. Solids show more read in the oil and a less aggressive reaction from the dry. Pearls show more skid in the oil, and a more aggressive reaction in the dry, and hybrids are smoother, covering the middle ground between the two.

looking at the specs i figured that the tour and fusion are really similar. i like how the fusion rolls, but for me theres not much miss room, but it forces me to be a little bit more accurate when using the fusion