Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Struggling

have a friend record your approach and release you may find your problem, Bill O'Niell struggled for a few months until he realized a simple mistake in is pivot step, after making that adjustment he won the Badger. sometimes our own eyes are our best critic. i have had success myself with the video method, also this is something you can do during league, try slowing down your feet, not swinging your arm as high, relax your hand, and most importantly breathe, don't let the struggle get into your brain.
    "watching pros throw countless strikes in a you tube video, is like watching
    super models in bikini's eating cheeseburgers on the hood of a pickup. sex sells"

Chats: 10

Thanks everyone. I i ally broke of my slump, well for tonight atleast. I slowed things down and stayed focus on my target. I wasn't keepin my eyes on ,y target and I think that was my main issue. I also just had my ball fixed. I took it in and the pro shop guy said the span was a little off. I left that alone for now, but had the slug replaced. It was chipped inside, hole was little too large, and right near thumb hole was small indents whe I got drilled. Yeah, I won't go to that guy who drilled it again. But with the new slug he covered up the indents and fels better. Hopefully it was stick for Monday league where I have bowled very poorly. Thanks again.
    In my bag: Roto Grip UFO, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused and Roto Grip Hustle hyb

League High Series: 745 (12/23/19) High Game: 300 (11/23/15)

Proud member of BowlingBoards.com

Cranker
    Chats: 0

Glad you saw some relief. I usually find that when I'm having a bad night it's because I'm gripping or trying to do too much... Keeping it simple yields the best results for me.

Blog Entries

Sometimes when I am in a slump, I find that I over-think and over-analyze what I should be doing. Then I get frustrated and usually over-compensate what I should be doing. I force myself to calm down, slow down, and try to take my mind out of the game, and concentrate on making good smooth shots at the pocket.

Haven't heard form ya in awhile Blomer. How you doing? Is the slump over? Curious how you made out in your Monday league (the tough one).

Chats: 10

Quote Originally Posted by bubba809 View Post
    Haven't heard form ya in awhile Blomer. How you doing? Is the slump over? Curious how you made out in your Monday league (the tough one).
    Thanks for asking. Last Wednesday I did well. Averaged 183. So perp as it was just a bad week the week before. Last night.....another story. First game I wasn't too happy, 163. Two splits. Second game I threw 7 splits! Last game the splits just kept coming and then missed some spares I usually get. I just don't understand why Monday's I do so poorly. Same conditions. Last yr I was fine. I don't know if the lane breaks down faster, my line is being thrown by others, etc. I have league tonight so hopefully I will do much better.

Thanks for asking!
    In my bag: Roto Grip UFO, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused and Roto Grip Hustle hyb

League High Series: 745 (12/23/19) High Game: 300 (11/23/15)

Proud member of BowlingBoards.com

I have found that the times I "think" I'm in a slump, it's really that I've just got a bit complacent and miss my mark more often than not. Once I start concentrating on hitting the spot, keeping my arm swing straight, and work on my timing, my scores go back up. Easier said than done though...................

What kind of ball are you throwing and where is the arch of your slide foot before you start your approach? When you make your approach on which step do you start your swing if you are using a four step or a five step approach? When yo make your approach do you walk straight to the foul line or do you walk towards your target? Are you able to grip the ball lightly with your thumb throughout the whole swing all the way through the release? Get any of these wrong and you will dive head first into a slump. The bad thing is that you will be driving yourself nuts trying to figure out what is going wrong. Time to practice the fundamentals. Little things can seem like big things when you can't
    figure it out. Time to make the bat call for some coaching. A coach can get you back on track faster.
    Arsenal: Raw Hammer Orange/Black Hybrid 14lbs, Blue Hammer urethane 14lbs, Columbia 300 Lava Ball Plastic 14lbs, Highest scratch series 710 Bowling 38 years Never hit that 300 game. Highest game 276, had 11 strikes and one spare in the middle of that game.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12